View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
Jake

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default This season's football bet

At the start of every new season I choose teams from 4 divisions to put in a lucky 15 bet ( for those of you who don't know that's 4 single bets, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and a 4 way accumulator. ) I then do it as an each way meaning that if a team finishes in the top three in that division I get 1/4 of the odds , so any price above 6/1 is going to return some amount

I steer clear of the Premiership because you only get an each way on the top two and 1/4 of 6/4 returns fuck all

I always get some return. Last year i placed my usual £30 ( £1 E.W. Lucky 15 , so 30 x £1 bets ) and got back £58.50. So, I have a team to support in each of the 4 leagues below the Premiership and an interest in a game somewhere every Saturday.

To add a bit of spice if at some point in the season if I think all 4 will win on a given day I will back them as an accumulator. That returned another profit of about £23 if I remember correctly

This year I have had real difficulty

It looks likely that Newcastle will win the Championship but at 15/8 there's no decent return if they finish second or third so I have had to go for an outsider in the hope that someone comes from nowhere and finishes third

Still with me ? Or have you swithched on to Facebook or something ?

Anyway, the season starts next week so I have had to put my bet on today

Here are the choices , all each way with 1/4 of the odds if any of them finish second or third

Championship Wigan 28/1
League 1 Bolton 11/1
League 2 Carlisle 16/1
Conference Tranmere 13/2

When you've finished laughing please tell me who you would have gone for

Last edited by Jake : 07-29-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Useful Post:
bazzap (07-30-2016), ferocious (07-30-2016), gonzo (07-31-2016)