View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #18
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post
Rich,
Samet is an island, about two hours south of Pattaya. Plenty of local operators can do a package tour for less than $50 US per day.

The idea is to find a girl you like in the first few days, then take her to the island. Once away from their friends and work they usually open up and you will be in serious danger of falling in lub.

There's a guy on this board name of Magoo, decent enough chap for a Yank who has a bar on the Jomtien road. Good man to talk to and a good bar for a relaxed drink. Plenty of other barowners and expats around here as well.....our man Sabang has already given you some good advice, as has Torrenova. (But you can never find Torre in his bar )

I endorse the Residence Garden as a hotel. There are other others more upmarket; Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot, but they wont welcome your companion(s). The Areca is also quite good in a central location, but the rooms at the RG are much better.

As for high class nightspots, well they all exist for one reason only. Davethailand's Blues Factory provides an enjoyable alternative, as does Moon River Pub at the other end of town.

Take your time, kick your shoes off, have a read here (trawl through the newbie stuff) and we'll be glad to help you along the way.

Oh yeah, you're gonna love the soapie.
Thanks for this great information....very helpful! I hope you won't mind if I get back to you with a question or two, as I plan out my trip. thanks again
Classyexec is offline   Reply With Quote