View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #35
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Very interesting thread, although I get the impression fearules and Mirkwood move in different circles and have had very different experiences in LOS, which of course shaped their attitudes of the people and country.

Anytime someone says or writes, "All (insert whatever you want: bar girls, Thais, blacks, whites, moto-drivers, Mormons, Hells Angles etc.) are no-good, dirty...blah blah..." I figure they don't know what they're talking about or are taking the easy road of generalizing to the extreme (or maybe just having a rough day.) It destroys their argument at the get-go in my mind. Nice, though, to see a difference of opinion without people losing their heads or being reduced to tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I can honestly say that I can't recall having had a negative experience in my bank - exactly the opposite.
I don't beleeb the issue with the bank, where tom sails through but Mirkwood often has problems , is one of attitude or approach, though. It's more basic than that. If you're going to conduct business in LOS, dress appropriately.

Many of us have seen both tom and Mirkwood out and about in ...
tom is professional-looking in slacks and a collared shirt. Mirkwood dresses solely for comfort. But my tip for you, Mr. Mirk, is this: you'll get better service if you dress up a bit more.

Case in point, here's a picture I took of Mirkwood leaving his bank a couple of years ago (not sure what the problem was this time, but whatever it was, it spilled to the outside.):

mack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mack For This Useful Post:
BigBadSi (05-25-2011), Bilbobaggins (05-25-2011), Frankie (05-25-2011), gonzo (05-25-2011), Jake (05-30-2011), KeeNeow (05-25-2011), Mirkwood (05-25-2011), old crust (05-28-2011), roamer (05-25-2011), ruhorny (05-25-2011), thailearner (05-25-2011)