Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #475
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
2 main points for me are smith’s batting and us being a bowler down and our best bowler at that
We’ll do very well to get a draw out of this

No argument from anyone, including me, that losing Anderson was a huge loss to England. Interestingly though that in Smith's previous two Ashes tours in England (2013 & 2015), he was dismissed 17 times in Tests but only once by Anderson which was in the first innings of the First Test in 2013.

One could argue that even if Anderson had bowled the full Test at Edgbaston he probably would not have got Smith out but he most certainly would have taken wickets and Australia would not have amassed the scores that they eventually achieved. All conjecture of course but an interesting discussion.

So onto Lords, we go. I hope Australia does not tinker with a winning team but they probably will. If I had my way, the Newlands 3 would not be playing but that is not going to happen. Warner and Bancroft need to get decent starts and Wade needs to be consistent.

I hope England win the toss and bat first coz the last time they did that at Lords on a Wednesday (last month) they were all out for 85!! They did go on and win the Test though as we know.

I might even watch a bit of it

kuranda_bagman (08-07-2019)