View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #28
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1404 View Post
I will be in town on Aug 14th, I'd be happy to meet up for a drink or two. Off-hand, what do they consider Drinking Street? As if they aren't all drinking streets. Caught wind of a place that looked like it had some good pool tables and a decent place to eat across the way.
Hi smitty

Thanks, I`ll send you a PM or post here nearer the time to arrange a meet up.

There is a " Drinking Street " in north Pattaya.

To get there from where you will be staying, exit your hotel, walk up soi 8 away from the beach, when you get to 2nd Road( 20 seconds from your hotel) catch a bahtbus.
It should go straight across the next set of traffic lights, if it turns left( a very few do ) you need to jump off and start again.

Or you can walk across the set of lights and catch one there( 2 minutes walk if that from your hotel)

After about 5 minutes( on bahtbus) you should notice on your right, the " Drinking Street " sign, it is a short way after " Big C" shopping centre, also on your right, i.e just keep looking to your right.
Very near " JJ Market " massive signage for that.

2nd Road is one way, if before you see Drinking Street, the bahtbus turns left( again unlikely) get off.
If you get to a roundabout, you`ve gone too far, get off, walk against the traffic and in less than 5 minutes you will be at Drinking Street

I hope that is not too confusing, in reality it is very easy, just hard to describe.
or you can get a motorbike taxi, maybe 30 baht at a guess

Drinking Street has approx 20 bars or so, a few places for food and as you have said quite a few pool tables.

Some like it, others don`t.

I`ve been a few times, found it to be OK, although haven`t been for a while.

There`s a handful of other bars within easy walking distance.

5 minutes on bahtbus from your hotel, worth taking a look if the sound of it appeals.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote