Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #119
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Well the Poms got beat again. Not very consistent. WLWL last four Test matches.

I like Jonathan Agnew's comment on Test Match Special when he was chatting to several newspaper journalists at the lunch break on the final day at Headingley with England 5 down and expected to lose.

Quote:

Jonathan Agnew is joined at lunch on the final day by Stephen Brenkley from the Independent, the Sun’s John Etheridge and Gideon Brooks from the Daily Express. With England five wickets down and seemingly heading for defeat, we discuss Ian Bell’s lack of runs, the need for a spinner, problems with slip catching and whether Australia would ever employ an English coach.

"OK, there is problems with Bell, there's problems with a spinner, um .... there is problems with the seam attack being far too expensive, problems with Ballance, problems with slip catching. It's all going quite well, isn't it?"

Sadly, I can't pick up any live BBC cricket coverage here in Pattaya. I really enjoy listening to it especially when they are both bagging and praising the Aussies. I have to wait till the day is over and download the various podcasts.

The BBC say due to a rights issue it cannot be accessed unless you are in the UK.

Hopefully I will pick up the ABC Australia radio live broadcast when the Ashes start next month.

I don't particularly like watching Test cricket in bars here in Pattaya. Yes I love the banter with the likes of Captain Jack but I prefer to watch it at home where I can do other stuff around the house at the same time.

I did manage to pick up the live tv broadcast from Sky Sports 2 on my phone yesterday through an app called Mobdro and screen mirrored it onto my tv but it only lasted about 10 minutes before it died and I could not connect again.

Any one have any ideas?