View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Don`t shoot me, you footie experts.
As a complete outsider looking in, isn`t that what it should be about, entertainment and passion?

Same as sometimes the Scots international team
and supporters, even when they haven`t really got a chance of winning,there`s enthusiasm.

Throw big money at a club as is happening with Man City and I guess they`ll get results but is it
really satisfying for supporters?
Paul, gonna take you to task a little.........

yes football is all about entertainment and passion.

What I will say is, Chelski have so many jonny-come-latelys (not a slur on our Jonnys boyztown escapades) that the atmosphere there is terrible, and despite all their money, they play shite football most of the time, but their fans love them winning things.

yoonighted won a title or two winning badly i.e. playing bad and winning 1-0 regularly, same as arsenal used to.

We're the masters of the piss-take, out of ourselves........32 years without a trophy of note.......

As I said before, even a League Cup win would mean more to us than all of yoonighteds leagues and cups put together. I agree it is against the spirit of the game to challenge this way, but at the end of the day the top 4 has stayed the top 4 because of one thing, CASH.
I would absolutely love it if the team I have supported all my life, the team that finished 5th twice in a row in the 90's but were denied european football because of the murdering scousers, won something.

I had 3 dreams in my life, football wise, to see City win at Wembley (99 3rd div playoff final, on penalties)

To see City play in Europe, the game at the millenium 4/5 years ago doesn't count so I am hoping we get to the group stages this year.......

The 3rd one is to see City win a major trophy. I hope that will happen sooner rather than later.

As I previously posted too, I hope City spend their money and keep their standing as a decent community orientated club, and not dissolve into a farce as Chelski have done.