Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 01:26 AM   #604
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

We are all biased mate. We can't help ourselves though that said most people are critical of their own sporting teams too. I guess we expect 100% performance in every game. We expect hundreds from batsmen and 5 fors from bowlers every time they go out to play. Not even Don Bradman or Shane Warne could do that and in more recent times, Ben Stokes. Not even he can perform miracles every day.

I do agree with you that the luck has gone Australia's way so far but to counter that a little bit, England has won every toss. Actually, Cummins has lost every toss as usually the visiting captain calls.

I shouldn't whinge too much as we are still in front and history shows that is so hard to win Ashes series away from home. Still, if England wins the last two Tests, these blokes will go down in cricket history as the only Australian Test team to lose an Ashes series after being 2 nil up. Feeling any pressure boys?

Just read the Cricket Australia website and I nearly got my wish as Boland and Murphy are out with Green & Hazelwood are back in. The bastards still picked Warner though

Still, we live in hope. I look for omens so how is this one?

Green has never played in a losing Test team in England.

ferocious (07-19-2023), Frankie (07-21-2023)