View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #16
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusamile View Post
This raises an interesting point, ... well for me anyway ,......does becoming a bar or gogo girl override any previous lifestyle a girl may have had , such that 6 years as a teacher and whatever before that becomes corrupted and undone ? Does the lifestyle of a bargirl almost completely erode any semblance of the " good " girl that may have been present before she arrived in bar world ?

I imagine time would be a factor . I see it now as kind of like being a drug addict. I know several people who were lovely, harmless, do anything to help you kind of people, but introduced to drugs and taking a liking to it changed them for the worst. They became untrustworthy lying thieves who would sell their mother for a shot. But given the desire to stop using and some rehab, have returned pretty much to being responsible productive members of society.....Thats a strong desire and a lot of time and rehab.

Maybe there should be a rehab for bargirls.

Sorry to the OP for going slightly off topic .
Yusamile, I think it depends on the girl, they all change/harden to one extent or another but depending on the person inside the extent of it (and if they are irrevocably damaged) varies. In my personal experience you may find some that can change for the better even after being in the bar for 2 or 3 years. Whilst others have turned into hardcore whores after 5 or 6 weeks.
But this is rather off topic from what the original poster was asking. In his case I think if he is living in Thailand and has met a middle class girl with zero connection to the nightlife industry then he stands more of a chance than if he's chasing a hardcore whore he just met in Nanaplaza. But people still need to keep their wits about them and be aware of potential pitfalls. And obviously not leave their brain at swampy as so many people seem to?!
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
yusamile (09-17-2009)