View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
I used to want Scotland to do well in all of their g ames, until I realised how rabidly racist and unsporting they were, i.e. buying and wearing every countrys shirts that England play against in any major finals, now my view is they can go fuck themselves, I was cheering the eyeties on last night.
And yes, I know you are not all the same, but the majority of the ones I have met are like that.
One of the best times I had following England was at Hampden Park, watching Scholes bag a brace!!
Bilbo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but cheering for the opposition when England is playing ain't a Scottish phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem others see is that the English seem to think that they have some God-given right to success when the reality is, excepting the World Cup where you played all your games at Wembley, the English team has achieved the same amount of success as Scotland, Wales, Spain, The Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein and the USA in major football championships ............... absolutely zero.

Last edited by tom : 11-24-2007 at 10:30 AM.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote