View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
monkeyspanker

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Shouts:

Mines totally different.( Edit in just noticed it on Pens post)

Used to be a big F1 fan, dont get the time now and the new regs make it boring, but i still remember the death of Ayrton Senna at San Marino.

Roland Ratzenberger killed the day before, but can still remember the in helmet microphone recording everything and the screams as he hit the wall.

Thinking about it caused me to google it and some bits on wikipedia i didnt know, and that chief designer Patrick Head was blamed for the steering failure

"The cause of the accident has been identified as a steering column failure. Many court cases followed immediately afterwards and the judgment went on for years, with Williams being investigated for manslaughter. The last word from the Italian Court of Appeal was on April 13, 2007. In the verdict numbered 15050 the Court stated the following: "It has been determined that the accident was caused by a steering column failure. This failure was caused by badly designed and badly executed modifications. The responsibility of this falls on Patrick Head, culpable of omitted control". Even being found responsible for Senna's accident, Patrick Head wasn't arrested: in Italy the statute of limitation for manslaughter is 7 years and 6 months, and the final verdict was pronounced 13 years after the accident "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna

Last edited by monkeyspanker : 01-01-2011 at 03:34 PM.
monkeyspanker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyspanker For This Useful Post:
foz (01-01-2011), thailearner (01-01-2011)