Thread: ashes 2010/11
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I'm looking forward to it. It will be the first time for many years I won't be there, plan to do the same as foz and do all five tests next time though.

The series could go either way, but England will fancy their chances this time. They don't fear any of the Aussie bowlers, although I agree with baz that Siddle can be a handful when fit. I watched the Aussie batters in the recent India series and one or two look as though they are struggling to judge where their off stick is, not a good sign for them. Not sure what their bowling attack will be, but either Smith or Haurwitz (sp) will have to improve quick to bowl England out.

England need to have a reality check on some of their performances too. The seamers have to bowl spot on lengths and keep themselves fit, and if Swann loses form they are in trouble. Brisbane will be a good marker for the Aussie confidence, if they go after Swann from ball one it looks good for them, let him get on top and it's all down hill.

I'll go with my heart and say a series draw or narrow England win. My outside tip for man of the series Ian Bell.

My one wish would be that the Aussies ditch the Cuckaboro ball and use a Duke with a proper seam on it. I'm sure both set's of bowlers would agree with me and return the game to a proper contest between batter and bowler, instead of the batter friendly game we have now.
bazzap (11-01-2010), bigphill67 (11-01-2010), foz (11-01-2010), kuranda_bagman (11-01-2010)