Thread: Calcutta cup
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #18
simie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Have to say both Foz and Old Crust do raise some good points as I must admit Rugby Union is far from perfect. But I would'nt right it off just yet. Just as we can critise some things about rugby one could do the same thing about football which IMHO is far from perfect these days.
Just on a few off those points raised, yes there has been too much messing about with the laws and not to the games benefit, so that could do with attention. Yes impact injuries are a problem now, I used to pay No.8 in my youth but no way I'd be big enough these days. I agree the wage cap in the Guiness premiership is too low, but I think there should be one at some level to keep wages at a sensible level. Being a Wasps man it comes easy to slag off Leicester (sorry!) but perhaps one of the problems with Jonno is that he is Leicester through and through? And yes the ref was poor with his handling of the scrum yesterday, but just look at football they never stop moaning about the ref so its far from restricted to rugby.
Simie.
simie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simie For This Useful Post:
foz (03-14-2010), old crust (03-14-2010)