View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #9
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I've downloaded the new Mozilla Firefox v3. The problem with youtube is persisting.

I looked at the Mozilla Support Forum and it seems that a few users have problems with websites like youtube. Apparently there can be several causes, such as delays with the website caused by your computers anti-virus to name one of many. I also had a look at a youtube support forum. Where one bit of advice for Mozilla users was to clear their cache, cookies and disable ActiveX controls. I can clear cookies etc, but not sure how to disable ActiveX controls or what implications that might have for other internet use. Out of curiosity, what would happen if ActiveX was disabled ? It's all getting a bit complicated.

So I was thinking about just using Internet Explorer to watch youtube clips with. If it works then it would seem the least complicated option. Now I haven't used Internet Explorer for ages and when I went to youtube (in Internet Explorer), I couldn't view videos and was asked to download the latest Flash player. Which is Flash 10.

My question is... I have Flash 9 in Firefox but it doesn't show up in Explorer. So does that mean I can download Flash 10 in Explorer without uninstalling Flash 9 in Firefox ?