View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #14
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyspanker View Post
she hasnt time now shes running for president

Funny clip ms Paris has some shrewd media people in her camp, it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman2 View Post
Rhapsody in Blue in LA in 84 sticks in my mind.

You're right Woodman, that was a good opening ceremony they put on in L.A.
Hollywood knows how to do big song and dance routines, that's for sure.

_ _ _ _

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
When the broadcast of the opening ceremony started here it was as-is with no commentary. I was really enjoying it. Lasted about 20 mins until the local broadcaster cut to an ad break and came back with commentary. It spoiled it IMHO.

In this digital age, I would like the option being able to just cut out the commentary and just watch the show as though I was in the stadium.

And you would not get all the ads either. Here in Oz, Channel 7 would be the worst in the world for bunging in ads at the most inappropriate times. What is it like where you live?

Living here in West Oz were are in sync time wise with Beijing. You beauty I thought but no because of them poxy Septics and their prime time TV we have to watch the swimming finals in the morning.

Whats London going to do? Hold the mens 100m sprint final at midnight?

Bazzap, I read where NBC pushed the IOC for those time changes. Then NBC could show them during prime viewing time over here since more viewers means more money one way or another. It's all about corporate greed imo.

To make it even worse for me, the morons at NBC decided to delay their broadcast to us on the west coast by three hours and coordinate it with the east coast showing.

So I knew before seeing it on T.V. that Phelps won his first race, for example.

The coverage here has lots of commercial breaks too. ... and the talking heads babbling. _

But NBC did have a Chinese expert on and he was explaining some of what was going on during the opening stuff as it related to China's history, so that helpful.

But sometimes I'd just mute the fuckers when they started babbling on too much.

I watched baseball and golf today and tonight anyway, I'll get into the Olympics soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
No matter how many fireworks they let off it's still the fucking olympics, who gives a shit?
So you came up for air _
and are posting some, huh Happy? _
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mack For This Useful Post:
bazzap (08-14-2008)