Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Clint Eastwood movie...."Gran Torino".... (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=9987)

tommiecoughlin 01-06-2009 05:26 PM

New Clint Eastwood movie...."Gran Torino"....

I've only seen the trailers, but...."Gran Torino".... looks to be another fab movie from Clint Eastwood.........

Eastwood has become the best film maker in American cinema.... with a consistently top quality product for the last 15 years....no American director can compare with his story telling ability.....

early buzz.... Oscar nominations for.... best director, movie and lead actor

"Gran Torino" is in limited release here in me neighbourhood, but I am going to see the film this afternoon.

ruhorny 01-06-2009 07:30 PM

I have only seen the trailers also and I agree it looks to be good,hope you can update after you have seen it.

Chuck_Wao 01-07-2009 05:58 AM

That looks great! Cheers 4 the heads up!

Elvis 01-07-2009 05:41 PM

that looks really good what about seven pounds will smith that any good

tommiecoughlin 01-07-2009 09:07 PM

well....I viewed "Gran Torino" yesterday and I'd wait till all the clipz from the movie come out on youtube in the next couple of months and then splice them all together....save yer dosh.

....Eastwood was good as an :angryold:....outside of the thugz....nobody else could act a lick.

He employed all first time actors and they weren't....IMHO....any good.....

all in all I'd give the movie....dancing dancing :taz:

gonzo 01-24-2009 09:32 PM

Just finished watching it. Good film, enjoyed it a lot and unlike Tommie I'd recommend it. Definitely worth a look.

Chuck_Wao 01-24-2009 10:55 PM

Just seen Valkerie with "Wee Tam" - Cruise that is, not Si's missus, and expected the worst but was actually very impressed!
Its about the July 20th 1944 bomb plot against Hitler and was very accurate and well done. It will not be everyones cup of char but I liked it and I'm a WW2 buff.

tommiecoughlin 01-25-2009 02:18 AM

thanks for that Chuck...I was thinking of going to see the new Daniel Craig WW2 movie "Defiance" tonight...true story about brothers fighting the Nazi's in the Ruskie underground....but, I might see the Cruise movie instead....:cheers:

gonzo 01-25-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommiecoughlin (Post 135486)
thanks for that Chuck...I was thinking of going to see the new Daniel Craig WW2 movie "Defiance" tonight...true story about brothers fighting the Nazi's in the Ruskie underground....but, I might see the Cruise movie instead....:cheers:

I'd give Defiance a miss mate, watched it in the week. It's ok I guess but that's about it really. Maybe I was expecting too much from it as the story its based on is superb but it just doesn't quite come off.

One I would recommend though is Let The Right One In, a Svedish mowie based on John Ajvide Lindqvist's excellent novel. It's about a young kid who gets bullied at school befriending a little girl who moves into his apartment block. She turns out to be a vampire and helps him stand up for himself. The book is far better but the film is still very good.

gonzo 01-26-2009 08:54 PM

Just finished watching that Slumdog Millioniare thats being nominated for awards left right and centre at the moment. Didn't really fancy it but figured I'd have look to see what all the fuss was about. Really good film, highly recommended :thumbsup: