Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thaksin to buy Man City? (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=1739)

gonzo 04-29-2007 03:27 PM

Thaksin to buy Man City?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

Sam Allardyce's prospects of becoming Manchester City’s next manager have been thrown into doubt because a former Prime Minister of Thailand has emerged as the front-runner to take over the club.

Thaksin Shinawatra, who failed in attempts to buy into Liverpool, is preparing to make a preliminary offer to the City board as early as this week in direct rivalry to the £90 million deal fronted by former player Ray Ranson. Allardyce, who has three years left on his contract at Bolton, is believed to have been told that the job is his if Ranson’s bid succeeds.

But it now appears he may have to convince Shinawatra that he is the man to lead a new regime.

Allardyce did not attend the post-match Press conference following Bolton’s 2-2 draw at Chelsea yesterday. His assistant, Sammy Lee, said: ‘Sam’s not well. He didn’t travel with the team.’

Of reports that Allardyce had already quit Bolton, Lee said: ‘It is only speculation. We have a great bunch of players and the speculation won’t affect them. We’re desperate to make the UEFA Cup place. We just wanted that point today.’

Shinawatra’s proposals are understood to trump the money on the table from Ranson and funds have already been lodged with an investment bank. If the City board look at Shinawatra’s plans and believe he is a credible investor, they will allow him and his bank to conduct due diligence on the club’s books with a view to making a formal offer to shareholders.

While City manager Stuart Pearce will not be impressed by the intrigue behind the scenes, he has long been thought likely to leave the club this summer and become full-time coach of England’s Under-21 team. Pearce and the City board rowed about him combining his job at the club with the part-time role, and the FA’s determination to make it a full-time post offers a convenient solution.

For City chairman John Wardle and his fellow directors, the bigger challenge has been to find an investor to transform the club, about £50m in debt, from relegationthreatened also-rans into contenders.

The Ranson proposal is not popular with most of the board. There are worries that his backers, Sisu Capital Private Equity Fund, would be more interested in a quick profit than City’s long-term development.

old crust 04-29-2007 03:46 PM

Sam has resigned this afternoon. Always on the cards as he can manage a bigger club than Bolton. Their crowds are piss poor compared with what the team has achieved being in the top ten of the Premiership.

penetrator 04-29-2007 04:23 PM

That's right fucking handy Big Sam pissing off as they're at Upton Park next.

Bilbobaggins 04-29-2007 06:24 PM

Hmmmmmm I'm a City fan, but not sure about Thaksins motives for buying the club, but having read an article in todays NotW it may be a better bet that Ransons bid which will allegedly put the club further into debt (£30m at this time)
I think Allardyce would be a good acquisition for us, as he has the knack of getting under-performing players to up their game, and there are plenty of those at City at this point in time.
He also seems to spot bargains galore, Stelios, Gary Speed, Campo, and would possibly entice the likes of Nolan (under-rated in my opinion) to City as well.
Time will tell but this could be a big few months in Citys long and chequered history.

Baggins...:cheers:

BigBadSi 05-01-2007 04:31 PM

100m for Man City apparently

gonzo 05-01-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadSi (Post 25468)
100m for Man City apparently

How much for the team though? :goof:

ferocious 05-01-2007 04:59 PM

joey barton has been suspended for the rest of the season for scrapping in training today

Bilbobaggins 05-01-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 25478)
How much for the team though? :goof:

They way they are playing at the moment?
Probably get change out of 2 baht.
Bartons become a big headed twat lately, let him go. Having said that Dabo is so poor I wanted to punch his lights out a couple of times and to think he turned down a 6 year contract offer at Lazio to join us.
Apparently Thaksin has said £50m will be available in the summer for transfers if he takes over.
I'm betting Pearce won't be the one to spend it.

Got a horrible feeling about Saturdays game, I reckon we'll be lucky to keep it below 5 :crybaby:

Baggins...:wink3:

ROLAND 05-01-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 25481)
joey barton has been suspended for the rest of the season for scrapping in training today

Thats a surprise

BigBadSi 05-01-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins (Post 25497)
They way they are playing at the moment?
Probably get change out of 2 baht.
Bartons become a big headed twat lately, let him go. Having said that Dabo is so poor I wanted to punch his lights out a couple of times and to think he turned down a 6 year contract offer at Lazio to join us.
Apparently Thaksin has said £50m will be available in the summer for transfers if he takes over.
I'm betting Pearce won't be the one to spend it.

Got a horrible feeling about Saturdays game, I reckon we'll be lucky to keep it below 5 :crybaby:

Baggins...:wink3:

I can see it now Thaksin Shinawatra hires Khun Sumkunt as new manager:Jumpy: