Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Thailand Forum (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Motosai in BKK (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=12085)

yusamile 12-01-2009 02:32 AM

Motosai in BKK

Can you rent bikes in BKK ? Anyone done it ? I know it looks like a crazy place to ride a bike :demo: but i do luv to get out and about under my own steam. Will be staying there for i dont know how long and would like to get out of the city and do a little spontaneous discovery. :canadian:

bouncer 12-01-2009 04:08 AM

we will all attend your funeral and pay ouer respekt to the only white man that tryed the impossible.

yusamile 12-01-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncer (Post 167810)
we will all attend your funeral and pay ouer respekt to the only white man that tryed the impossible.

What if i just stay to the back soi's and dont go on any main roads where there is major traffic ???...:outcold::tank2::chopperbike::pimpmobile::su b::stretcher: I just want to do a back soi tour of Bangkok!!!! I promise i wont play in the big twaffick daddy :playing:............ :please: Can i ,....:please:

nitroman 12-01-2009 05:14 AM

Yusa.......R.I.P.

ferocious 12-01-2009 07:12 AM

i've had motosai taxi's in bangkok & if you think pattaya is scarey you should try bkk :shock: , ok yusa you'll be in control of your bike but the other lunatics on the road will give you major problems i'd not do it & i'm stupid

yusamile 12-01-2009 07:40 AM

Aawwww shucks, :kickcan:.....guess i wont be doin this then :sportbike:, Spose i'll just have to settle for :cycle: . Hang on what about one of these :horse: ? Then again with the pollution he would prob end up like this, :floghorse: .

penetrator 12-01-2009 11:08 AM

I've never ridden in Bangkok but would be happy to do so. As long as you remember the golden rule that every pointyhead on the road has no brain in their head and you've got to think for them you should be ok. I think I may ride up there from Pattaya next trip for a couple of days.

Delaware 12-03-2009 10:08 AM

Had a motorbike taxi once in bangkok and Never again. I thought I was going to die, then I knew I was going to die and once I accepted I was going to die the ride became slightly less terrifying. Soiling myself did not help and, even closing my eyes did not help. Please Yusa dont do it

Slacker 12-03-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gildas (Post 167862)
Bangkok is about the only developed city I've spent time in with traffic worse than central London and I'd never ride a moped or bike there either.

You should have seen the Top Gear Vietnam Special...Ho Chi Minh City made Bangkok look like a safe haven. Absolute mayhem !

penetrator 12-03-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slacker (Post 168063)
You should have seen the Top Gear Vietnam Special...Ho Chi Minh City made Bangkok look like a safe haven. Absolute mayhem !

Been there and you're right, total disaster area, their way to negotiate crossroads is everyone try to drive across at the same time whilst beeping your hooter constantly.