Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bad Andy (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=14077)

Fork Handles 01-25-2011 07:30 PM

Bad Andy

LONDON, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Sky Sports soccer pundit Andy Gray :english: has been sacked after making sexist comments about a female match official last weekend, the broadcaster said on Tuesday.

Presenter Richard Keys and Gray, a former Scotland striker, were stood down temporarily after they were recorded questioning whether assistant referee Sian Massey "knew the offside rule".

Massey, 25, ran the line at Saturday's Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool Premier League match and was widely praised for making the right call on Liverpool's first goal.:3some:

"Sky Sports today terminated its contract with Andy Gray," Sky Sports said on their website (www.skysports.com).

"The decision, which is effective immediately, was made in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour," it added.

"The new evidence, relating to an off-air incident that took place in December 2010, :tellsecret: came to light after Andy Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of 22nd January 2011."

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, added: "After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today," he added.

Massey was due to run the line :MyEmoticons-com__bo at Tuesday's League Two (fourth division) game between Crewe Alexandra and Bradford City but has been withdrawn to avoid the media spotlight.

old crust 01-25-2011 07:33 PM

Let's hope they get rid of that Cov twat Keys.

bigphill67 01-25-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 198480)
Let's hope they get rid of that Cov twat Keys.

thats what andy grey said in december so they sacked him :lol3:

foz 01-25-2011 08:04 PM

Only a matter off time i hope till keys goes

Frankie 01-25-2011 10:54 PM

I saw the footage of the other incident. Gray asked Sky news presenter Charlotte (Hawkins?) to help tuck his microphone wiring in down the front of his trousers before going on air. She did not seem to be amused although Gray was laughing.

No big deal really but in this PC bullshit age nothing is tolerated. Unless its done/said to a white bloke.

tom 01-26-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 198494)
I saw the footage of the other incident. Gray asked Sky news presenter Charlotte (Hawkins?) to help tuck his microphone wiring in down the front of his trousers before going on air. She did not seem to be amused although Gray was laughing.

No big deal really but in this PC bullshit age nothing is tolerated. Unless its done/said to a white bloke.

If you freeze the clip, you'll see that she actually laughed at the "comments". I don't think there's been any suggestion that she made any complaint about the incident.

The whole thing boils down to the fact that Gray was threatening to sue Murdoch's NOTW over phone-hacking claims.

Mirkwood 01-26-2011 04:13 AM

More politically correct crap.

I hate stuff like this. Everyone in the real world would say the same. Give him his job back. At least he has a sense of humour.

gonzo 01-26-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 198501)
The whole thing boils down to the fact that Gray was threatening to sue Murdoch's NOTW over phone-hacking claims.

Funny how the clips got 'leaked' to Sky News too.

old crust 01-26-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 198501)

Not sure what's going on, but the news tonight is saying that Knacker of the Yard has new information (from NOTW) about 'phone hacking.

I think the truth is nearer staff at Sky being fed up with Grays general arrogance, set him up and he, being the twat that he (and Keys) is took the bait hook, line and sinker. Sky are better off with out the pair of them. Gray has lost touch with how big parts of the game have moved on, and Keys can only dream about holding a candle to the likes of Stelling.

woodman2 01-26-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 198516)
Gray has lost touch with how big parts of the game have moved on,

and I can`t understand a fucking word he says.