Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cricket Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16188)

bazzap 02-14-2014 08:48 AM

Cricket Rambles

Just a few ramblings

Australia doing ok against South Africa at the moment but I still fear we are not far away from one of our dreaded 2nd innings disasters where we get less than 100 total. The Proteas have the attack to do this.

Mitchell Johnson has brought along his "A" game for 6 Tests in a row now. Must be some sort of record for him.

Who do you think will and/or should be the next English coach? Will he be his own man or a YES man to the ECB??

Australia are amongst the lowest in the T20 rankings but so many Australians are playing in the IPL. Many for big bucks as well. Thought it strange that no-one picked up James Faulkner though.

:cheers:

old crust 02-14-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 225194)
Who do you think will and/or should be the next English coach? Will he be his own man or a YES man to the ECB?

:cheers:

Good couple of questions Baz that few people know the answer to.

The preferred option is Gary Kirsten, but they are having a real problem getting him to do it. Big money is being offered, but so far he is resisting. There is no plan B or C, so it could end up with plan Z which is Ashley Giles. There are no current English born county coaches who fit the bill. If they give up on Kirsten a plan B might be Jason Gillespie, although that is just my thoughts, I have not heard that from any cricket circles.

The yes man question is really about would the new man be a yes man to Paul Downton. Because he is new to the job it is not clear what his management style is. By appointing Gus Fraser to the selection committee I would suggest Downton is not looking for yes men.

bigphill67 02-16-2014 12:42 PM

tend to think whoever gets the job is taking a poisoned chalice as many of his options have been reduced already

old crust 02-16-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigphill67 (Post 225216)
tend to think whoever gets the job is taking a poisoned chalice as many of his options have been reduced already

Good point Phil. It will certainly not be easy, especially without any quality slow bowler and a few batting places up for grabs. I think the seam bowling options look ok with Stokes and Onions hopefully coming through. It will also be interesting to see who the stumper is. I would go back to Prior and give him another go.

Frankie 02-16-2014 06:22 PM

Its astounding how English International cricket has gone completely to dog shit in such a short space of time. Trott and Swann chucking it in mid tour, coach subsequently sacked and Pietersen told his international career is over.

I nominate Alec Stewart for the coach job. No real logic to that. Just liked how he went about the game as a player.

old crust 02-16-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 225220)
I nominate Alec Stewart for the coach job. No real logic to that. Just liked how he went about the game as a player.

No chance Frankie, Stewart needs numerous cupboards to keep all his skeletons in. Some of them quite serious.

Frankie 02-18-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 225221)
No chance Frankie, Stewart needs numerous cupboards to keep all his skeletons in. Some of them quite serious.

Sounds like he should become a Politician or join the Catholic Priesthood.

Fork Handles 02-19-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 225245)
Sounds like he should become a Politician or join the Catholic Priesthood.

We've got a couple like that :smoke::smoke:

bazzap 02-22-2014 04:29 PM

Aussies could do with some decent, consistent batsmen at the moment.

Watson & Hughes back for the next Test???

:paranoid:

bazzap 02-23-2014 10:32 PM

Crikey!!

Went to bed Australia were 144/1

Thank fuck I did not see the carnage that followed

:sad: