Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Aussie Cricket (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=15001)

old crust 09-27-2011 07:50 PM

Aussie Cricket

Good appointment naming Troy Cooley as the new coach. I know a couple of people who knew him from his England bowling coach days and they speak very highly of him. Fletcher should have never been allowed to ease him out of the England set up.

Lets hope he gets a good run at the job and produces a competitive team ready for the next Ashes series.

Fork Handles 09-27-2011 08:46 PM

Don't know much about him....but he has declared himself to be a fill-in only, no interest in a permanent appointment.

Kinda like Mirky on soi 6; it could become permanent after a few clashes. dancing

bazzap 09-27-2011 09:02 PM

He is only an interim coach, OC.

Quoted from Cricinfo

Quote:

Cooley has spent most of the past five years working closely with Australia's attack as the team's bowling coach, but he stepped away earlier this year to become head coach at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. His appointment as Australia's interim coach came after he told Cricket Australia he wouldn't be applying for the full-time role.

It will be interesting to see how they go in South Africa. They surprised everyone by how well they went last time they were there. Mitchell Johnson and Brad Haddin need to lift otherwise they will be gone. IMHO

Strange that they are only playing 2 Tests. :clueless:

I thought this was interesting

Quote:

Cooley will rejoin the Australians at a time of great change, but also of great promise, after their 1-0 series win over Sri Lanka. Tackling South Africa in their own conditions will be a different challenge, but despite being ranked second on the ICC Test table, South Africa have not won a Test series at home since beating Bangladesh in 2008.

We live in hope!!!

old crust 09-27-2011 09:09 PM

Who else is in the frame?

If they win in S Africa (which will be an hard ask) then they might offer it to him.

Fork Handles 09-28-2011 09:05 AM

Johnson and HAddin both out for the T20.

But why is Hilditch still picking the side?

old crust 09-28-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fork Handles (Post 211229)
But why is Hilditch still picking the side?

Thought he had been sacked.

He never knows when to pack up, remember him constantly hooking the ball to the fine leg's hands on his tour of England a fair few years ago.

foz 09-28-2011 11:07 PM

Old crust you still going to next ashes ?

old crust 09-29-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foz (Post 211246)
Old crust you still going to next ashes ?

Not sure now they have brought the series forward a year. It will depend on if I can bring my retirement forward. Certainly want to go.

How about you foz?

foz 09-29-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 211303)
Not sure now they have brought the series forward a year. It will depend on if I can bring my retirement forward. Certainly want to go.

How about you foz?

Yeah still going with the boy planning on retiring the day before i go . Been putting £30 a week away for last 2 years ,so dosh sides ok. Boys going to take a year out .

bazzap 09-29-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foz (Post 211304)
Yeah still going with the boy planning on retiring the day before i go . Been putting £30 a week away for last 2 years ,so dosh sides ok. Boys going to take a year out .

Dec 2013, Foz??