Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Pattaya Newbies Section (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daytime in Pattaya vs Bangkok (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=14781)

thailearner 07-14-2011 08:15 PM

I never really found much to do in Bangkok during the day may be I need to explore it more.

beerman 07-18-2011 09:20 PM

So I booked 8 nights in Pattaya. After this I have seven nights left but I haven't booked them in BKK yet I figure I will see what Pattaya is like first and book the last seven days after spending 2/3 nights in Pattaya.

Will keep you chaps updated.

kuranda_bagman 07-19-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerman (Post 208707)
So I booked 8 nights in Pattaya. After this I have seven nights left but I haven't booked them in BKK yet I figure I will see what Pattaya is like first and book the last seven days after spending 2/3 nights in Pattaya.

Will keep you chaps updated.

Good decsion mate :thumbup1:

I'm sure we will all be interested in how may days you actually spend in Bangkok - I'm betting you'll be travelling directly from Pattaya to Swampy at the end of your holiday. :cheersmate:

Jake 07-27-2011 03:40 PM

Found this on Stickman last week

http://www.pattaya-hotels.com/excurs...n-pattaya.html

torrenova 08-06-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 208518)
T......if he'd directed even half of his comments towards Pinoys rather than Thais you'd spit the dummy so far you'd have a bloody polar bear's eye out :laughing:

Nomination for post of the year. Fookin' brilliant.

torrenova 08-06-2011 03:04 AM

To comment on the original question, I knew Bangkok long before I knew Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand actually. Or I thought I knew it, limited in exposure as I was in my air conditioned limo from (then) exotic sounding Don Muang to downtown Bangkok, only to be ensconced in some top end hotel. Sure, I knew Bangkok alright.

Over time I grew to know the seedier side and all (now) three main places of P4P. I actually liked Clinton Plaza the best, down to Thermae and the Nana disco competing with the zoo under the Ambassador for your late night / early morning baht. Heady days those before the BTS and sanitised transport around the Suk.

Everyone knows I lived in Pattaya for ages but in the latter times, I grew fonder of Bangkok with each passing year. Being under the skin of Pattaya somewhat insulates you from the trials and tribulations of daily life whereas Bangkok always had a darker side, more danger and tuk tuk racing.

I never quite fell out of love with Pattaya when I lived there but I am not sure I could have lived in Bangkok. Perhaps I've adapted as Bangkok has because I think I could live there now, though it is not Singapore.

I'm pitching up for the Morning Night birthday party circa 23/24 August and chilling out on the rail at Big Dogs takes some beating. NEP has been overtaken by Walking Street for go-go diversity but there are more bars around the sois off Sukhumvit these days and you don't need to feed the Arab down Cowboy if you don't want to.

If I didn't live in Asia I could not visit Thailand without doing Bangkok and Pattaya if I was on P4P but I'd probably hit Bangkok first, then Pattaya and then decide which to have my last nights in. On that score, I guess it is a plan many have followed for many years with varying degrees of success.

beerman 08-10-2011 12:43 PM

Ok well I liked Pattaya so much I spent an extra week there. I hired a bike and that made the whole thing so much more enjoyable too because of a daytime I'd be travelling and of a night time hitting the bars and drinking.

I couldn't really pick a preference I think both have great things to do though I was honestly truly surprised by how good Pattaya was. My only gripe with Pattaya would be the bars down walking street asking for 600baht bar fines and 2k-3k lady fines - what kind of a fool would pay that?

I also thought the people were nice in Pattaya too. Overall I didn't regret spending more time in Pattaya but now I am looking forwards to going back to bangkok......which doesn't really answer my original question lol.

overall I'd say bangkok *just* pinches it for overall things to do....just. But you're going to win either way :)

P.S. pm me where this tuk-tuk racing is happening please!

Thebomb 08-10-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerman (Post 209511)
600baht bar fines and 2k-3k lady fines - what kind of a fool would pay that?

:sadwalk:

bigphill67 08-10-2011 07:29 PM

do you have something to tell us bomb :ha ha: