Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Pattaya Newbies Section (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thailand don'ts (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=12683)

gonzo 03-30-2010 04:11 PM

First of all, try relaxing and having a good time, you're going on holidays not a covert mision behind enemy lines.

Quote:

6. Don't buy anything in the airport duty free area
Why the hell not?

Quote:

10. Lie about your identity if possible
:huh:

I think you'd be better off just taking half the bollocks you must have read on forums with a pinch of salt, looking at some of the other boards I'd be suprised if half the posters had left their houses before let alone travelled to another country. Just enjoy your holiday.

bigphill67 03-30-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timanonymous (Post 176994)
Well, the more I read the more I think I am wishing someone else could come along for the trip but I don't know anyone who is willing to admit that whoring, clubbing, and boozing makes a perfect vacation.

hi Tim i was lucky enough to go with a mate first trip but have been on my own several times you'll be fine as gonzo said in the last post just relax and try and enjoy yourself a smile goes a long way in a strange place, everyone here loves whoring drinking ect so your in the right place, i always think if you wouldn't do it at home don't do it on holiday and you'll be ok the only don'ts i have are take lady boys, once your in patters just ask people in your hotel/ bars about things and most people will be happy to give their advice and what you do with it is your choice have a good trip mate

woodman2 03-30-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timanonymous (Post 176985)
I'm trying to compile a list of don'ts for my first trip to Thailand on Friday. Here is what I have come up with so far. If you can think of anymore please let me know.

1. Don't keep bar tabs
2. Avoid Patong
3. Avoid political demonstrations
4. Don't accept drinks from anyone
5. Always have 2 wallets
6. Don't buy anything in the airport duty free area
7. Don't rent a jet ski or anything for that matter
8. Don't enter a taxi unless it has a meter
9. Don't raise your voice
10. Lie about your identity if possible
11. First night in a new place is a test night
12. Bargain hard
13. Don't be sympathetic to anyones cause
14. If anyone asks if you have been to Thailand before say yes

Good plan. Problem is when you get a few beers down and a bunch of TGs all over you like a rash they will all go pissing out of the window. If not one by one then as a bunch.

Frankie 03-30-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to compile a list of don'ts for my first trip to Thailand on Friday. Here is what I have come up with so far. If you can think of anymore please let me know.

As outlined by other posters dont do anything stupid.

Quote:

8. Don't enter a taxi unless it has a meter

I must have been in about 35 different "taxis". Around 30 never had a meter and of the few that did it was'nt turned on. The fare was quoted or negotiated before setting off. Never had a problem.

Quote:

14. If anyone asks if you have been to Thailand before say yes

LOL!!. The birds will tell by the look on your face and body language that its your first trip. They will slaughter you, in the nicest possible way!! Just lie back and enjoy it. Its only ever the first time once, unfortunately.

IMO your trying to apply Western logic to potential scenarios you may encounter in Thailand. One of the many reasons I like Pattaya is that you never really know for sure what will happen next. So you cant really plan for anything, just go with the flow and see where you end up.

Anyway where are you staying at?

bouncer 03-30-2010 09:42 PM

stay out of the newbee trap on soi 14...........

monkeyspanker 03-30-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gildas (Post 176999)
or a phone that costs that more some of the locals earn in a 6 month period

does that include trips to mcdonalds....

:hiding:

aqualung 03-31-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncer (Post 177012)
stay out of the newbee trap on soi 14...........

what trap is that ?

roamer 03-31-2010 04:11 AM

I`d try and be a bit more relaxed about it.
It`s an adult playground, not an assault course.

First couple of times I went(alone)hadn`t read anything
on internet and nothing bad happened to me.

Maybe Don`t get too drunk on your 1st night(assuming you drink)
and Do keep your hotel/guest house business card with you, some fellow in a bar had forgotten the location of where he was staying,
card would of been useful in that instance.

Just enjoy your trip.

KeeNeow 03-31-2010 01:48 PM

Call in the Cherry Bar Soi 8 after 11pm and Adam the owner or me will keep you on the straight and narrow

foz 03-31-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timanonymous (Post 176994)
I don't know anyone who is willing to admit that whoring, clubbing, and boozing makes a perfect vacation.

Well most ov us on here are willing to admit whoring and boozing makes a perfect vacation.................................F--- the clubbing to dear:MyEmoticons-com__er