Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Board Technical Forum (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   too long to connect..why? (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=6369)

monsterman 02-18-2008 03:33 AM

too long to connect..why?

when I got my Acer laptop it would connect to wifi in less than 2 minutes at most.......now it takes 15 minutes even with very strong local wifi...why ? what can I do to get it connecting as before.

mack 02-18-2008 04:41 AM

It's just your reflexes slowing down monster :jason: nothing you can do about it... :tiphat2:

monsterman 02-18-2008 01:02 PM

Mack ..helpful as always, next time your on fire and screaming for help, i wont piss on you but stand around making stupid comments.

I have taken the machine to ACER and Linksys and both are OK so its a Vista/Intel driver issue , problem is all the new intel 3945 drivers make problem worse and i cant roll back to a good one and cant find earlier versions on the net ,

gonzo 02-18-2008 02:10 PM

I was going to chip in with a few suggestions to get to the root of the problem but then saw this
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 87149)
Mack ..helpful as always, next time your on fire and screaming for help, i wont piss on you but stand around making stupid comments

and now I'm just trying to think of a stupid enough comment to add instead.

mack 02-18-2008 02:14 PM

Gonzo, give monster :jason: some help, I was just stalling him until a tech expert like you or jonny :nerd: came along...:whistling:

bkp 02-18-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 87149)
Mack ..helpful as always, next time your on fire and screaming for help, i wont piss on you but stand around making stupid comments.

I have taken the machine to ACER and Linksys and both are OK so its a Vista/Intel driver issue , problem is all the new intel 3945 drivers make problem worse and i cant roll back to a good one and cant find earlier versions on the net ,

Can you somehow uninstall or just over ride Vista with Windows XP? Not heard much good about Vista in comparison to XP. :whiteflag:

monsterman 02-18-2008 04:03 PM

that seems the only option that Acer.Linksys and Intel can offer!!!

its absurd every time I switch on this laptop it takes 10 minutes to detect my home network and some wireless networks but not all , my desktop is instant .

monsterman 02-18-2008 04:27 PM

Acer also say that if I put XP on instead of vista my warranty will be invalid ,

seems other makes have the same problem its due to intel and Microsoft driver problem the solution is to get older drivers for the wireless adapter but I cant get them anywhere.

gonzo 02-18-2008 04:46 PM

Is it just slow connecting or does your connection drop out after a while too?

Is the problem just on start-up of the machine or does it happen all the time, i.e. when the machine has been running a while already?

mack 02-18-2008 04:47 PM

Now you'll get somewhere monster :jason: we have a technician in the house. :cheers: