Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   London 2012 (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=15558)

Fork Handles 07-26-2012 06:36 AM

London 2012

Come on. Poms v Aussies.:unionjack:

Whats the wager?

But if you coonts are going to include the taffs, jocks and paddies, then we'll claim the kiwis and yarpies.

...and Jamaicans.:afro:

roamer 07-26-2012 04:05 PM

Something wrong if we don`t do fairly well, home advantage an`ll.

Quite a few promotional clips on TV out here making London look very nice, guess they`ve hidden the bad bits.

Heard the Thais have 37 competitors there, surprised at the number.

Boxing and shooting seemed to be their main specialities.

Who`d have guessed?:jester:

woodman2 07-26-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer (Post 218132)
Something wrong if we don`t do fairly well, home advantage an`ll.

Quite a few promotional clips on TV out here making London look very nice, guess they`ve hidden the bad bits.

Who`d have guessed?:jester:

But only if the fight is 5 against 1 and the shooting is in the back.

Fork Handles 07-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer (Post 218132)

:jester:

Any male athletes as well?:viking:

ferocious 07-26-2012 06:52 PM

I've timed it well leave during opening ceremony and land back in time for closing ceremony !! Pleased I'm away as the 250k bike race is closing my route into work for 2 days

gkp 07-26-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 218146)
I've timed it well leave during opening ceremony and land back in time for closing ceremony !! Pleased I'm away as the 250k bike race is closing my route into work for 2 days

I keep thinking there is something wrong with me because these games are on my doorstep and I am not at all interested in them :-(

ROLAND 07-26-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkp (Post 218147)
I keep thinking there is something wrong with me because these games are on my doorstep and I am not at all interested in them :-(

If they had burning your own town down you'd win a gold medal :bigfinger

roamer 07-27-2012 06:03 AM

I doubt I`ll watch much of it but from the news seems to be creating a nice atmosphere, maybe not if you`re actually there though?

I quite liked this story :

"It's a tale of Olympian proportions: A man, a rickshaw, and a slow journey from a Chinese village to London through 16 countries.

Chinese farmer Chen Guanming claimed Thursday that his two-year odyssey to the London games took him from Thailand's floods to Tibet to snowed-in Turkey to Britain since he started in 2010.

The 57-year-old, who said he had never traveled outside China before this trip, said he wanted to support the athletes and "spread the Olympic spirit." He's also seeking a last-minute ticket to attend Friday's opening ceremony.

"I came to support and cheer all the people from all over the world who are participating in the sports," said Chen, who sports a silvery white beard and a small ponytail. "I'm volunteering, I'm not looking for a reward.""

http://www.newsday.com/sports/man-ri...pics-1.3862302

ROLAND 08-03-2012 06:17 PM

GB winning everything in sight, can't see any Aussie golds. Even the Kiwis have got more gold dancing

penetrator 08-03-2012 06:27 PM

Things not looking good for the Aussies so far, took a real hammering off Team GB in the velodrome tonight, as the commentator of the mens pursuit final put it "an emphatic drubbing of Australia". Still things might change once the boomerang and sheep sheering competitions get under way.