Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Pattaya Newbies Section (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Some bad press about Pattaya Safety (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=5888)

Classyexec 01-18-2008 02:48 AM

Some bad press about Pattaya Safety

I assume some wise and experienced Pattaya travellers have also seen the postings in Pattayapages, or pattaya-addicts...one of those "other" (certainly inferior to here) forums...about how, on a per capita basis, there are more murders, injuries, etc., to UK men in Pattaya than in any other vacation spot (and I assume what's "bad" for UK blokes is bad for Aussies, USA guys, etc.)

My question/request -- can someone comment on how dangerous (or not) it is to be a newbie monger, or an experienced monger, hanging out in Pattaya? I read all kinds of bad stories/reports about roaming pickpocket groups (of "freelancer" ladies/girls and young kids, even who have hit guys riding in the trucks (I forget their Patt names) that constantly circulate throughout the party area, about guys walking up to men along the beach road, pretending to be doing surveys, shaking hands and trying to pickpocket or otherwise steal personal data...etc. The loss of money doesn't bother me, but the sad stories about blokes getting injured/killed, etc, does.

Any comments?
thanks

Rich_

bouncer 01-18-2008 03:18 AM

Well if you stay away from the freelancers and seaside beach road you should be fine but ther is always a chance to get in troubble but so is it anywher in the world.

nosehair 01-18-2008 03:24 AM

In all my trips to Pattaya I have only been involved in one, maybe two, knife fights.

gonzo 01-18-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosehair (Post 81031)
In all my trips to Pattaya I have only been involved in one, maybe two, knife fights.

Yeah but you've shot at least 10 people!

BigBadSi 01-18-2008 05:11 AM

my first time i never felt so relaxed,never got pickpocketed,mugged r raped,had my cock sucked balls licked and survived withoutv any physical scars

elway69 01-18-2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classyexec (Post 81026)
I assume some wise and experienced Pattaya travellers have also seen the postings in Pattayapages, or pattaya-addicts...one of those "other" (certainly inferior to here) forums...about how, on a per capita basis, there are more murders, injuries, etc., to UK men in Pattaya than in any other vacation spot (and I assume what's "bad" for UK blokes is bad for Aussies, USA guys, etc.)

My question/request -- can someone comment on how dangerous (or not) it is to be a newbie monger, or an experienced monger, hanging out in Pattaya? I read all kinds of bad stories/reports about roaming pickpocket groups (of "freelancer" ladies/girls and young kids, even who have hit guys riding in the trucks (I forget their Patt names) that constantly circulate throughout the party area, about guys walking up to men along the beach road, pretending to be doing surveys, shaking hands and trying to pickpocket or otherwise steal personal data...etc. The loss of money doesn't bother me, but the sad stories about blokes getting injured/killed, etc, does.

Any comments?
thanks

Rich_

I've never had a problem,I've lived there for 18months.
Don't believe everything you read or what people tell you,it'll spoil your fun.Just don't get too drunk........like me..:tongue2::peeing::guitar3::mau:

Fork Handles 01-18-2008 07:41 AM

What Elway said is right Rich.

Stay in control....enjoy yourself immensly, but don't put yourself in a postion where you can become a victim. Just as you wouldn't in Chicago, Rome, or Sydney.

Especially Sydney.:travolta:

penetrator 01-18-2008 10:44 AM

Barely a day goes by without a vicious murder or violent attack in the estate where I stay, the roads are literally red with blood. But aslong as you haven't got Monsterman for a neighbour you should be fine.

nitroman 01-18-2008 11:27 AM

Hey Rich,
I go to Pattaya for a quiet relaxing time,I just get sick and tired of Patong, what with all the rapes, bashing,assaults, buggery, and general mayhem that goes on here and that's just in my house.

mack 01-18-2008 01:17 PM

Classyexec if you're not a loud-mouthed drunken asshole (and with a nick like yours I doubt that you are :canadian: ) you should have no problems. The staggering drunks at 3 A.M. down in the dark sections of Beach Rd. are targets but for the huge majority of us it's no pompem being out and about in Pattaya. I'd much rather walk around :patters: at night than many places here in my hometown. :cheers: