Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Board Technical Forum (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 widows laptops for the price of 1 Mac (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=5108)

monsterman 11-25-2007 01:35 PM

2 widows laptops for the price of 1 Mac

Went in the Apple shop yesterday The cheapest a Core Duo Macbook can be bought for in pattaya is 48,750 baht , i looked at the spec and you can buy 2 ACER window vista laptops of similar spec for same money.

What a ripoff ! the cost of parts is about the same so the Apple operating syatem is worth 23,000 baht ....yeah right!!! Macs are good but not THAT good.

mack 11-25-2007 02:58 PM

Not sure what the last part of your post said monster, the automatic "bullshit detector' on my MacBook deleted it. :bigfinger

tom 11-25-2007 04:25 PM

I think its a bit like flying biz class. Whilst you are flying economy you have the opinion that you can get two economy tickets for the price of a biz class ticket and therefore the extra isn't worth it. The trouble is that once you fly biz class one time it is fuckin' difficult to go back to flying economy. Same, same with the Mac ..... it's making the move in the first place that's difficult but once you have you probably won't go back to Windows and bugger the extra cost. :monkeybutt:

Anyway, last Thursday I finally made the move to an iMac ........ cost 90,000 Baht and I must admit the difference with Windows is mind boggling. :guitar4: It makes you wonder why Microsoft can't achieve the same standards.

Mac Set-Up Instructions.

1. Remove Packaging.
2. Plug mouse and keyboard into USB ports.
3. Plug one end of the power socket into the Mac, the other into the power supply.
4. Press the ON button.

Done.

old crust 11-25-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 71462)
operating syatem is worth 23,000 baht ....yeah right!!! Macs are good but not THAT good.

JMHO, worth a lot more.

gonzo 11-25-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 71512)
Mac Set-Up Instructions.

1. Remove Packaging.
2. Plug mouse and keyboard into USB ports.
3. Plug one end of the power socket into the Mac, the other into the power supply.
4. Press the ON button.

Done.

The main reason for the simplicity (and hence lack of flexibility, software compatibility issues, reduced performance etc) is that for the average Mac user anything more complicated and their brains would melt.

mack 11-25-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 71518)
The main reason for the simplicity (and hence lack of flexibility, software compatibility issues, reduced performance etc) is that for the average Mac user anything more complicated and their brains would melt.

From your tone there gonzo I'm guessing you're back at work hmmmm? :coderpunch: ___ :thumbsup:

gonzo 11-25-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack (Post 71565)
From your tone there gonzo I'm guessing you're back at work hmmmm? :coderpunch: ___ :thumbsup:

Yeah but not for long [cough]26 days[/cough] :thumbsup:

jonny 11-25-2007 09:43 PM

I think tom is spot on. If you are a windows user it seems silly but once you buy your first mac you'll never go back!

Luckily I've never flown business class yet.......!!!

tom how are you finding leopard??

tom 11-25-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny (Post 71577)
I think tom is spot on. If you are a windows user it seems silly but once you buy your first mac you'll never go back!

Luckily I've never flown business class yet.......!!!

tom how are you finding leopard??

Jonny,

I never used any of the previous Mac OS so I don't really have much of a clue what's new and what isn't. The hardest thing I've found is that it actually does what you want to do with the minimum number of actions rather than having to find a way around Windows to achieve the same result.

I'm much more into graphics than gaming and can understand why gamers would want to stick to Windows but I'm pretty sure that once I get used to the Mac it'll cut out a lot of the hassles that I found in Windows. Although the machine cost a fair bit I try to look at it that I also picked up copies of Photoshop CS3 and Office 94 for the equivalent of a couple of quid so it balances things out a bit.

monsterman 11-26-2007 02:21 AM

I actually agree that MAC OS is best but it is not twice as much money best.