Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Thailand Forum (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   B.y.o.p. (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=15995)

smitty1404 06-04-2013 09:17 PM

B.y.o.p.

So I was having a discussion with another member and they said that the times they had been to Chiang Mai they had taken a girl with them and they were glad they did. It was mentioned that the town doesn't have much of a variety of establishments or selections of women. I wanted to see what other members had to say about Chiang Mai as well as how much of a pain is it to take a biddy along with you and what a person can expect to pay for taking them.

gonzo 06-04-2013 09:54 PM

I've only really taken regular girls places but I guess you don't have that luxury being on a first trip. Probably looking at nightly fee plus bar fine for the time they're away plus expenses (food, transport etc).

Will cost you a couple of meals plus the transport costs over your usual spend if you're bar fining every night anyway but it's either that or pray for a lucky find in the dog-pound bars in CM. To be fair I was with the wife last trip there so wasn't exactly hunting around but still didnt see anything in the beer bars I'd do even pissed out of my brain. Loads of beautiful women wandering around in the day but they all seem to disappear when the sun goes down.

InCider 06-04-2013 10:42 PM

Hi smitty,

First of all, I would ask yourself what you're really looking for. If you want to go to Chiang Mai for the cultural side of things then it's definitely worth a visit.

There's loads of day trips and half day trips available to see the local National Parks, Temples, arts & crafts etc. They're generally well organized and quite entertaining if that's your thing.

If you're going for the night-life then it's going to be slim pickings. I haven't been to Chiang Mai for a long time but all the reports I've seen recently say that it's a pretty dire scene following police crackdowns and a lot of places have either shut down or are a shadow of their former selves. There are beer bars still operating where you can find women for hire but I think you would be better off taking someone along - but make sure they are enthusiastic and really want to go.

Payment would have to be negotiated - what I would say that if you're taking them for a fixed period like a week or more you could get expect a discount over a daily rate but don't take it for granted.

As an aside, the following extract was posted elsewhere about the scene in Chiang Mai. It's reasonably up to date (about 6 months old) and puts things in perspective.

Quote:

Firstly, I have lived in Chiang Mai for over 25 years, and make my comments from personal observations and a wealth of experience.

Chiang Mai can be a great place to be, if you are gay or lesbian and Chiang Mai is a great place to be, if you prefer aging women. But if like me you are a Heterosexual guy and prefer women between 18-30, or willing to settle for anything even half decent, than you are going to be disappointed, as available girls are almost impossible to find in Chiang Mai. There are a very few and far girls around, but the time and effort required to discover where and the costs involved make the whole thing completely unviable.

The scarce working girl lookers fully realise that they are a rare commodity in Northern Thailand and will therefore charge well over the odds just for a bit of titillation, the pleasure of they’re company and acknowledgement that you exist.

There is lots of local money in Chiang Mai, but the local lads will always get first pop at the local girls. The girls are spoiled, and in very high demand. Short supply and high demand dictates the costs and they can afford to play harder to get. This principle is well defined in Chiang Mai.

There are hundreds of fit, young, middle aged and elderly Farang men passing through the city all the time, but they are not having sexual liaisons with local girls because these girls are simply not there as part of the adult entertainments scene. It is said that there are those who know where to find the decent girls in Chiang Mai, but are keeping this information as a closely guarded secret because they want to keep the good stuff for themselves. This is purely a myth, because there are no areas of non-publicised concealed girly establishments at any of the provinces in Chiang Mai. If there were, than the word and they’re locations would have gotten out long ago. The point is, if someone is researching where to go in Thailand and for some reason they find some information pointing them towards the direction of Chiang Mai, that I do hope they see this post, as it describes how difficult it is to get the decent ones in Chiang Mai. It is not completely impossible to obtain nice girls in Chiang Mai, but you could go through scores of women at numerous locations to find one good one and that process could prove extremely expensive and needless to say, comes with no satisfaction guarantees.

If you do strike lucky and find a place where there are a few good ones, if could still involve a lot of effort and cost a small fortune in that local before getting anything out of there. Even the guys that can speak Thai who have placed a lot of efforts into pursuing the girls later discovered that the whole thing has been a complete waste of time and money where it has resulted that the girls were lesbian or only seeking walking ATMs. Willing to be a sort of glorified girlfriend on the premise that the guy will accompany her on shopping trips for the purchase of perhaps a new computer, mobile phones and 5000 baht dresses with all the trimmings to match and that’s normally the first phase of the ploy, followed by gold and jewellery and monies for the sick buffalo and that could be even before they decide to give anything up for you, plus none of this means that these girls will remain loyal and exclusive to you.

Chiang Mai in perspective is: cooler weather, nice temples but seen one, seen them all, lots of old ex-pats on their last legs, tons of lesbians and gays, plenty of 35 something used up women and could prove a very expensive town for those that are not ready to hang up their guns, living, working or holidaying here and enjoy social.

The word is; stay South and don`t waste your time, money and efforts visiting Chiang Mai, because there is nothing to see here folks. Perhaps Chiang Mai is a glimpse into the future of Thailand as a whole, once the prim and proper brigades have completed their tasks. So as for places like Pattaya and Phuket, make the most of it while it lasts.

smitty1404 06-05-2013 12:17 AM

Considering I do want to do SOME sightseeing and want to enjoy the more intimate aspects at the same time, I'm not sure what the best course of action is as of yet. I have 3 days booked. You can see what I have laid out in my post in "Members Forum : Pattaya Newbies Section : Bangkok to Pattaya" on the bottom of page one. From the sounds of things it may be good to see if someone is up for it and see if we can work a deal. Either that or completely drop the Chaing Mai portion.

gonzo 06-05-2013 12:25 PM

There's plenty of sightseeing to do in BKK alone for a first trip I'd have said. You can always travel to a few different places on your next trip. You're already spending a fair chunk of time in Ubon (presumably for personal reasons as even on a 30th trip I still don't think it would ever hit anyones top 20 places in LOS to visit list!) which will seem very different to BKK or Pattaya anyway.

More time in BKK or Pattaya will give you less travel hassle/costs and more time to enjoy yourself with still enough sightseeing for a single trip.

woodman2 06-05-2013 04:48 PM

I wondered about you going to Ubon.

Chiang Mai leaves Ubon Ratchathani standing in the mongering stakes.

My lady has family in Ubon and I have been taken a few times. There are some decent views over the Mekong river but zero farang orientated bars.

If you speak a bit of Thai and have an understanding of how it works you may get a lady from a local karaoke bar but don`t bank on it.

smitty1404 06-05-2013 08:13 PM

I am going to Ubon to meet a girl I have been chatting with online. Recently divorced, hasn't asked for money, has a good job in one of the gov't offices there and a pretty good looker. Claims to be a 'good' girl as they say. We will see. I'll be keeping an eye on things pretty damn closely as I've had my run-ins with Filipina's already. Anyways she wants to see me, so I'm go out to meet her. Since Chiang Mai is looking pretty sparse I think I'll cancel the reservation there and just slot that time towards Pattaya, which will give me the chance to go out to one of the islands out there or some diving. I'll just have to book some extra time in Pattaya. Doing that would certainly save a bit on travel expenses and a few headaches that are involved with me seeing Chiang Mai.

gonzo 06-05-2013 08:27 PM

Getting a girl from Pattaya to take a trip to Koh Samet with you for a couple of nights may not be a bad option if you find a girl you'd like to spend a bit more time with. You can organise it easily enough on the fly from Pattaya, 60-90 mins in a minibus rather than the hassle of airports/flights and you'll have no shortage of takers around town for a bit of island time.

smitty1404 06-07-2013 01:54 AM

I can imagine they would be more than happy to take a paid vacation. :waltz: Even though they may need to earn their keep.:MyEmoticons-com__bl: I'm sure I can suffer through having an extra person go along. I figure 2 nights there is about all the quiet relaxation I can handle though.

Bilbobaggins 06-13-2013 05:55 PM

You're doing the right thing cancelling Chiang Mai as a first trip option.

That's the sort of place to go when you get a tad jaded of the Pattaya scene and fancy a change of pace for a few days.

I'd recommend going there on your 3rd or 4th trip when you have a couple of regulars you can trust and can pick one of them to go with you.