Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cricket Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16188)

bazzap 03-31-2015 05:26 AM

Australia has named their 17 man West Indies and Ashes Test squad

Only 9 NSW players so we could be in trouble :angry:

Test squad

Michael Clarke (capt), Steven Smith (vice-capt), Fawad Ahmed, Brad Haddin, Josh Hazlewood, Ryan Harris (Ashes only), Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson.

FFS why do they keep picking Sean Marsh??? He is useless. And surely Siddle, great servant that he has been, is past it??

Thought there would have been a spot for Gurinder Sandhu and Pat Cumminns (both NSW players naturally :supporter1:). However both are on the Australian A tour to India. Sandhu would have been great in England as being of Indian heritage, he'd have got a lot lot of those Indians that we hear the Poms moaning about, coming to the games to support the Aussies :haha:

Still on a bright note, we now have a wicket taking leggie back in the Test squad and even better, there is only one Queensland player in the squad and even he was born in NSW!!!

Go 'Straya!!!

:ausflag:

Fork Handles 04-01-2015 05:36 AM

Bazz, although Siddle is in the touring squad, he has not been given a CA contract. Means he'll only get match payments, unless he plays 3 tests, in which case he must be given a contract, but on the lowest pay scale.

The thinking seems to be that that they'll burn him up in the WI and tour matches to protect the two Mitch's, then say so long when he's no longer needed.

Harsh treatment for a loyal servant. And not just a Victorian, but a Dandenong boy to boot!

bazzap 04-03-2015 05:17 AM

Deano, will he have to learn to speak Brummie???

McCullum to be a Bear

dancing

Frankie 04-03-2015 07:16 PM

Good signing that by the Bears. McCullum should add some spice to the T/20.

bazzap 04-20-2015 01:14 PM

How good is this bloke??

Amazing!!!

England should elevate him to the top side :terrific:

Go Liam!!

In the Aussie Press

:unionjack:

Frankie 04-24-2015 06:56 PM

One to watch out for hopefully.

bazzap 05-01-2015 03:50 PM

Here we go again

Breakaway Rebel Cricket League

You would want ALL the money up front with these dodgy bastards

:toot:

Frankie 05-01-2015 07:23 PM

Sounds like a right load of bullshit and just an attempt to drive revenue into some TV companies bank account. Offering Pup a 10 year contract worth $50m is complete bollocks. Doubt Pup's body will endure another 2 years of international cricket.

Frankie 05-04-2015 07:20 PM

Good low scoring Test ended in Bridgetown yesterday with a win for the WIndies, or should that be WIndies B team as most of their top players are playing in the IPL. That drew a Test series that England should have really dominated and won 3-0. It was claimed on Sky that one of the selectors had openly stated if England did not win the series convincingly then “heads would roll”. Could be the usual media bullshit or maybe something will be done as it needs to be.

What goes on with the England team defies belief at times. England were all out just before lunch, resulting in the WIndies openers having to face 1 over before lunch. No opener fancies that. So Cook then sets a field that only includes 3 slips. WTF? Typically straight on the defensive from the off.

Two part-time spinners in Moeen and Root bowling. Broad not bowling too well but his batting has gone completely to shit. Buttler bats so far down the order that he ends up batting with the tailenders. Trott? Maybe his time has gone but he has just announced his retirement from International cricket.

NZ next then the Ashes. I can’t see England doing anything what so ever other than being whitewashed.

ferocious 05-08-2015 08:19 PM

I think we've got the tools if we can put it together .. Seems the only head to roll was Trotts and he cut his own head off

WankingWodger 05-08-2015 09:01 PM

It's not the players to blame it is the idiots coaching and running things, until that is swept clean and a new start then things won't change.

At least the rain stopped a potential banana skin against the Paddies today.

bazzap 05-09-2015 03:29 PM

Moores is gone.

Reminds me of the Aussies two years ago getting rid of the "homework" coach

dancing

Frankie 05-09-2015 07:18 PM

So the quote in the media was true heads (or at least a head) did roll.

I liked this bit of analysis and agree with it:

"We have a cautious captain and coach (Moores), they are not going to change. They don't have any imagination. If Andrew Strauss is the new ECB director, it will stay the same. He likes Cook. We'll keep on with the same people and things won't change."

However, it was made by that ultra aggressive attacking batsman Geoffrey Boycott.:hoho:

ferocious 05-09-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 235173)
So the quote in the media was true heads (or at least a head) did roll.

I liked this bit of analysis and agree with it:

"We have a cautious captain and coach (Moores), they are not going to change. They don't have any imagination. If Andrew Strauss is the new ECB director, it will stay the same. He likes Cook. We'll keep on with the same people and things won't change."

However, it was made by that ultra aggressive attacking batsman Geoffrey Boycott.:hoho:

Chances of a KP return ?

Frankie 05-10-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 235179)
Chances of a KP return ?

I suppose there could be. Assuming that he plays regularly in the County Championship and scores a few runs.

To me the big problems at the moment are who is going to open the batting and who will be the main spin bowler. A couple of players could have been put in the side against the WIndies and see how they fared. But instead it was decided to play the strongest team available, adopt a defensive strategy and draw the series. Missed a big opportunity, gained nothing and now have to hope whoever is selected in those roles to hit the ground running in two tough Test series against NZ and the Aussies.

ferocious 05-11-2015 06:35 PM

Well KP hit 326no today for Surrey let's see if he gets the nod for the NZ tests

Fork Handles 05-11-2015 11:43 PM

I heard he's been told not to bother packing.

ferocious 05-12-2015 05:49 AM

Sounds about right he gets told to score runs at county level to be considered , duly obliges then gets told to fuck off !! I bet there is some people in the ECB that would rather lose the ashes than have Pieterson back in the team

bazzap 05-12-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 235223)
Sounds about right he gets told to score runs at county level to be considered , duly obliges then gets told to fuck off !! I bet there is some people in the ECB that would rather lose the ashes than have Pieterson back in the team

Seems like Strauss is one of them, Reg

KP We Dont Want You

Maybe Mr Boycott is right. Under Strauss it all going to stay the same. Nothing will change

Which will be good for the Kiwis and Aussies

And if any Aussie accepts the English cricket coaching job, he should immediately be strung up from the nearest tree. No trial needed. The penalty for treason.

:hanging:

The Don and Richie would turn in their graves

:rip:

WankingWodger 05-12-2015 09:53 AM

First visit of the season to the County Ground in Hove for me, Sussex v Middlesex

Jake 05-12-2015 02:01 PM

Looking forward to New Zealand game at Chester le Street next month

Frankie 05-16-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 235224)
Seems like Strauss is one of them, Reg

KP We Dont Want You

Maybe Mr Boycott is right. Under Strauss it all going to stay the same. Nothing will change

Which will be good for the Kiwis and Aussies

And if any Aussie accepts the English cricket coaching job, he should immediately be strung up from the nearest tree. No trial needed. The penalty for treason.

The Don and Richie would turn in their graves

:rip:

Too True Baz. Under Strauss's captaincy his policy was not to enforce follows on and set record breaking second innings targets that wouldnt be chased. Leaving little time to bowl the opposition out. He blew a Test series in the WIndies using those tactics. Looks like nothing will change as Cook seems to follow the same policy.:MyEmoticons-com__sm

WankingWodger 05-16-2015 07:10 PM

I've just bought Sir Geoffrey's new book which as ever I'm sure will be a good read.

20/20 started last night but I've no time for it

bazzap 05-25-2015 01:17 PM

The internet is alive with the story that Trevor Bayliss has got the English coach's job.

I always hated that prick!!!

And the shame with it all is that he comes from New South Wales!!!

:bigfinger:bigfinger:bigfinger

Frankie 05-25-2015 07:44 PM

First Test England v. New Zealand at Lords.

When England were 30 for 4 on the First Day my fears about being whitewashed looked about right. Then the Young Guns stood up and England posted a reasonable total of 389. Kiwis responded positively with 523. Second Innings England were under the cosh at 74 for 3 until Cook and Root started a comeback, then it happened. Root was out for 84 and Stokes came in and went on a rampage of 101 runs off 92 balls fastest ton in a Test at Lords. Cook went on and weighed in with 162. End result was England all out for 478 which was a good thing as Cook would have probably batted on until the lead was around 500 runs and declared at 4.45PM.

Bowlers responded brilliantly and had the Kiwis 12 for 3 which was a turnaround as they were 0 for 2 at one point. Kiwis were on the backfoot, the run chase was never on, especially when Stokes got McCullum first ball.:surrender:

This was a great Test Match that had everything and a great turnaround after such a lacklustre performance against the WIndies in the Caribbean. So the only whitewashing in this mini Test Series will be done by England. Still some issues for England to address but after this win its BRING ON THE AUSSIES!!:maddance:

ferocious 05-25-2015 07:56 PM

Great assessment frankie and I figure this could be a turning point for England they were fired up today !! Watched the first session at home before driving back down south and managed to catch the end of the game down here

WankingWodger 05-26-2015 12:40 PM

Bayliss confirmed as the new coach, interesting to see how that works out.

Next test starts in a couple of days and we need to keep momentum up ready for the Ashes

ferocious 05-30-2015 04:32 AM

This one looks set up to be a good test too , runs , wickets and rain on the first day was more like a one day innings by the kiwi's

Frankie 05-30-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 235435)
This one looks set up to be a good test too , runs , wickets and rain on the first day was more like a one day innings by the kiwi's

Aye. It’s now the end of day 2. The Kiwi tailenders threw the bat early this morning and posted a decent total of 350 all out especially considering the mess they were in at the start of the innings. Then Lyth and Cook dominated with the bat, but once Lyth was out for a maiden ton of 107, down to a stupid run out, the Kiwis took control, got the new ball and dominated. England were 215 for 2 when Lyth was out but at stumps are 247 for 5.

So England trail by 97 runs with 5 wickets in hand. Kiwis ahead at this stage after spending long periods toiling in the field today. England could struggle here if they don’t get a decent lead and it’s always difficult batting last at Headingley. But the weather forecast predicts rain tomorrow morning so that may be the deciding factor in the outcome of this Test Match.

I was quite impressed with Lyth today after he struggled at Lords. IMO the best candidate to open the batting with Cook since Strauss’s retirement, early days yet though. Ballance is struggling but still averages 50+ so no need to panic yet.

WankingWodger 05-30-2015 09:02 PM

Poor cricket at the end by England, threw away a good position

Frankie 05-31-2015 06:38 PM

End of Day 3 now and it’s all to play for. Kiwis lead by 338 and looks like they will set England a record Headingley score, or close to it, for England to chase. Another day of ebb and flow. Good to see Broad make a comeback with the bat. The England tailend played shots and outperformed the middle order. England ended up matching NZ's score of 350, thing was it took the Kiwis 72 overs and England 108 overs. Speaks volumes about each Captains approach to the game.

Kiwis favourites now but there could be a few more twists and turns before this one is decided.

WankingWodger 05-31-2015 07:24 PM

Kiwi's well on top today and can't see England winning this one

Fork Handles 06-01-2015 11:37 AM

Broad to Henry, SIX, short again, pulled again, six again...Henry dispatches another one deep square leg
Broad to Henry, no run, fuller and pushed across from round the wicket, a big swing and a miss
Broad to Henry, SIX, short and hammered! Had his sighter and not dispatches this one over the deep square-leg boundary...Carnage!
Broad to Henry, no run, falls into space! Sums it up for England. Henry pulls a short delivery and it goes straight up in the air, but there's no one close enough on the leg side and Broad can't get to it either
shadowmancer: "One day Southee will get his Century and that day will be glorious"
Broad to Craig, 1 run, short and pulled to deep square leg
Broad to Craig, SIX, that's stunning, was a back-of-a-length delivery and Craig has driven it straight down the ground for six

dancing

bazzap 06-01-2015 12:16 PM

England 0/32 at lunch

England 8.80 on Betfair to win

Worth a $20 bet on them. Kiwi's don't have any Test class bowlers

C'mon you Poms!!

:unionjack:

WankingWodger 06-01-2015 03:00 PM

Rain washing out todays play

monsterman 06-01-2015 07:14 PM

England saved by the 12th man ......the Bungling British weather ,,,,maybe ?????

WW whats a commie pinko like you doing watching cricket ??? shouldnt you be ranting and plotting trotsky militant tendancy atrocities in the Cowley klub with all your lesbian mates .

bazzap 06-02-2015 06:12 AM

England been robbed of a Test match win by rain. I have done my money.

No Hilton for Miss Lek this week now :bazzap:

Can't see them going for a win as England play way too defensive like South Africa do.

If the boot was on the other foot, McCallum would have a go as would Michael Clarke.

Somewhere, some time soon a team will score 400+ on the final day to win a Test match. Smaller grounds with ropes in, batting friendly pitches etc etc

Think it cant be done?

Well this mob scored 721 runs in a day!!

Essex vs Australia

Makes you wonder how they managed to bowl 129 overs (8 balls an over) in a day though?

:toot:

Fork Handles 06-02-2015 10:13 PM

Secrets Rain.

It only hung around for a short time.:birdshit:

bazzap 06-03-2015 04:18 AM

Well the Poms got beat again. Not very consistent. WLWL last four Test matches.

I like Jonathan Agnew's comment on Test Match Special when he was chatting to several newspaper journalists at the lunch break on the final day at Headingley with England 5 down and expected to lose.

Quote:

Jonathan Agnew is joined at lunch on the final day by Stephen Brenkley from the Independent, the Sun’s John Etheridge and Gideon Brooks from the Daily Express. With England five wickets down and seemingly heading for defeat, we discuss Ian Bell’s lack of runs, the need for a spinner, problems with slip catching and whether Australia would ever employ an English coach.

"OK, there is problems with Bell, there's problems with a spinner, um .... there is problems with the seam attack being far too expensive, problems with Ballance, problems with slip catching. It's all going quite well, isn't it?"

Sadly, I can't pick up any live BBC cricket coverage here in Pattaya. I really enjoy listening to it especially when they are both bagging and praising the Aussies. I have to wait till the day is over and download the various podcasts.

The BBC say due to a rights issue it cannot be accessed unless you are in the UK.

Hopefully I will pick up the ABC Australia radio live broadcast when the Ashes start next month.

I don't particularly like watching Test cricket in bars here in Pattaya. Yes I love the banter with the likes of Captain Jack but I prefer to watch it at home where I can do other stuff around the house at the same time.

I did manage to pick up the live tv broadcast from Sky Sports 2 on my phone yesterday through an app called Mobdro and screen mirrored it onto my tv but it only lasted about 10 minutes before it died and I could not connect again.

:angry:

Any one have any ideas?

:clueless:

bazzap 06-03-2015 04:48 AM

Australia's turn to face the music tonight in a Test match

Horrible away record recently and other than beating South Africa 15 months ago, they have not won an away series since 2012 when they beat the West Indies. Since then they have lost the Ashes in England and been white washed by India and Pakistan.

According to the ABC Australia, this is the likely team for the First Test

David Warner, Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Michael Clarke (capt), Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

Lots of unanswered questions there.

Many players coming from the 20/20 Indian Premier League straight back into Test Cricket.

About time Watson done something.

WTF is Sean Marsh doing there?? Not just as an opener (Rogers is injured) but in the squad itself?

Steve Smith moved to the #3 position in the batting??

Which Mitchell Johnson will turn up?? He was dropped by his IPL side for not performing recently.

Can Mitchell Starc do it with the red ball??

Adam Voges on debut as a 35yo?? Shades of Bobby Holland.

Is Haddin past it?

It ain't going to be a walk in the park like so many pundits think.

The best bits however is that we are saving our new leggie for the Poms.

Any chance of bringing Mike Gatting back??

dancing