Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cricket Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16188)

Frankie 08-18-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 245001)
Stokes replacing Curran is another strange one nothing like knocking a young lad after the hard work he’s put in

Exactly. Thought Stokes had just been drafted back into the squad and would sit this one out after the Court case. Shocked to find young Curran dropped. Whats he got to do to get a place?

Rashid stands around all game at Lords with his thumb up his arse. Curran just about saves the game then is dropped, but Rashid is still selected. Weird.

kuranda_bagman 08-19-2018 01:49 AM

Read over here that Stokes was booed when he took the field - Seems to me alot of folk don't think justice was done?

Frankie 08-19-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman (Post 245010)
Read over here that Stokes was booed when he took the field - Seems to me alot of folk don't think justice was done?

Never heard/read anything about Stokes being booed over here KB. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. However would think it highly unlikely as Stokes is well liked by the cricketing public and hero worshipped by young kids.

The Court case was a complete and utter farce. It was completely pointless. From what I've read the bloke who Stokes belted (him and his mate were brandishing bottles and also went and got a metal pole) wouldn't press charges. IMO if you threaten somebody with a bottle etc and end up getting punched resulting in a damaged eye socket its your own fault.

kuranda_bagman 08-20-2018 10:51 PM

Knew I read it somewhere:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-affray.html

ferocious 08-21-2018 03:36 PM

Plenty of Indians in the crowd capable of booing stokes surprised if many or any England fans did
As frankie said it was a farce right from the start it was on video and the guy who shot the video sold his story to a disgusting daily “newspaper” how could it be a fair trial after a lot of the evidence the whole world had seen before it was seen by the jury

Frankie 08-24-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman (Post 245018)

Never had you down as a Daily Fail reader KB. :utterbollox:

Liked this sentance from the article:

Stokes's waywardness meant he had to be replaced after just 39 overs.

Must have missed that record breaking spell and the Sky commentators never picked up on it. Safe to say whoever wrote that article knows fuck all about cricket. Or anything else for that matter.

bazzap 09-02-2018 09:31 PM

Well done to the Poms.

Surely they will never drop young Curran again. He could be something special

:thumbsup:

Frankie 09-07-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 245071)
Well done to the Poms.

Surely they will never drop young Curran again. He could be something special

:thumbsup:

Bludger today Baz, so he could be dropped based on previous fuckwit decisions made by England selectors.

Cookies last Test started today. Hoped he would go on a bit further but its not to be. Proper Old School opener. Word on the Soi is he's got a start at his old mate Ferocious's place and he's off there. Was only a question of time really.:flashymotor:

bazzap 10-20-2018 05:08 AM

Mitch Marsh

Look at this useless clown.

He has played 30 Tests scored 2 centuries and 3 50s

His last 11 Test scores are 6, 4, 45, 5, 16, 4, 0, 12, 0, 13 & 5.

Not only does he keep getting picked but has been made joint vice caption. FFS. We are talking about the Australian Test cricket team here. To play for them is (was?) the highest honour in Australian team sport.

A call to the Australian PM is needed. That is what it took to get rid of Smith, Warner & co. He has to go!! And whoever keeps picking him should go as well

:kicking:

Frankie 10-20-2018 07:24 PM

Made Vice Captain and is averaging 26.08 after 51 digs? I thought the England selectors made some shit decisions but thats poor even by their standards.

ferocious 10-21-2018 11:45 AM

Nearly as strange decision as to play cricket in the rainy season in Sri Lanka ! This series and WI series brought forward to accommodate IPL

Marsh get my vote for next summer :thumbsup:

bazzap 11-15-2018 12:43 AM

So now you know

:ohno:

bazzap 12-07-2018 03:05 AM

Another magnificent innings from Sean Marsh today. Scored 2 runs from 19 balls.

Please, please, no more. Go join your useless brother on the "never, ever again" list.

:out:

bazzap 12-25-2018 01:05 AM

This should go over well with the MCG crowd tomorrow. Why, oh fucking why? Beyond all reason. We are completely fucked now.

Feel sorry for those other cricketers who are missing out while this clown keeps getting picked

Mitch Marsh Returns

I've no more faith in the selection system anymore. I'm done

:utterbollox:

kuranda_bagman 12-25-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 245481)
I've no more faith in the selection system anymore. I'm done :utterbollox:

I'm with you mate - They have no fucking idea :bigfinger

bazzap 01-06-2019 01:47 PM

Worst Australian Test team batting line up in over 100 years.

Highest score of 79 is the lowest in a series in the last 100 years

Have to follow on for the first time in 30 years though Koli could have also enforced it in Melbourne if he wanted to. That says it all.

The last time we had to follow on, Geoff Marsh scored a magnificent 5.

Like father, like sons

:angry:

kuranda_bagman 01-06-2019 09:02 PM

Interesting article on the ABC regarding team selection:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...cowan/10688214

Frankie 01-25-2019 06:50 PM

England struggling a bit in the Windies, 628 required to win in 6 and a bit sessions. Might not win but hopefully will get past their First Innings total of 77.

Quite a shambolic performance by England but, nonetheless, it's been entertaining cricket.

Frankie 01-26-2019 06:48 PM

Just as well England bat all the way down to No 10, otherwise they would have been thrashed by the Windies rather than losing by a mere 381 runs.

Fork Handles 01-26-2019 07:10 PM

How shit must Sri Lanka be?

bazzap 01-26-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fork Handles (Post 245630)
How shit must Sri Lanka be?

They must be quite bad.

Two Australian batsmen nearly scored a century against them

dancing

bazzap 01-26-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 245624)
Just as well England bat all the way down to No 10, otherwise they would have been thrashed by the Windies rather than losing by a mere 381 runs.

Frankie, last Thurs night (Thai Time) I was watching the pre-lunch session from Barbados. It was day two of the game. England had not long started their innings and were doing OK.

On the Sky Sports coverage, they showed a graphic on the current English batting line-up. It looked quite impressive. The top ten all had decent first-class averages and all had scored first class tons.

Just after that, in what seemed against the run of play, Jennings was caught in the gully. England went to lunch at 30odd for 1. I decided to go to bed thinking that they would score 600+ over the next two days, bowl the WI out cheaply in their 2nd dig and win the Test by an innings. As we know, that didn't quite happen.

What an amazing Test. 18 wickets on day two, zero the next and 10 on the fourth day. Even though England was bowled out very cheaply (they tend to do that a few times in the Caribbean), I thought they were still in it at the end of day two as their bowlers fought back well. The great WI partnership on day three drove those thoughts away.

We all know England is better than that as their recent Test match performances show. However, a bad day with the bat followed by a bad day with the ball can stop even the best teams

bazzap 01-26-2019 10:25 PM

Getting a cricket bonanza at the moment here in LOS. This was last Friday's viewing

The day starts at 0700 with an hour highlights of the England/WI Test from Sky Sports. After that, at 0845 I watch an hour highlights from BT Sports of the previous day's play between Aus & Sri Lanka Test. 1000-1730 the Aus/Sri Lanka Test followed by the Big Bash. Also starting at 1800, was the South Africa/Paki ODI. The West Indies/England Test starts at 2100 and goes through to 0430.

While all that was on, I was also watching all the Australian horse racing, trots, and dog races. A bloke needs about three TVs and three Android boxes to keep up with it all. "Happy time" got pushed back to 2300 during the lunch break of the Caribbean Test. :bj:

Nearly the same again on Sat with an NZ/India ODI being played.

Just gone 0600 on Sunday morning. Time to do it all again plus also watching the yearling sales from New Zealand

Who says there is nothing to do in the village in Isaan? It would be a bastard without a decent internet connection and Android box though.

dancing

kuranda_bagman 01-27-2019 02:24 AM

Couple of blinding Aussie catches in their 2nd innings though

Frankie 01-27-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 245633)
Frankie, last Thurs night (Thai Time) I was watching the pre-lunch session from Barbados. It was day two of the game. England had not long started their innings and were doing OK.

On the Sky Sports coverage, they showed a graphic on the current English batting line-up. It looked quite impressive. The top ten all had decent first-class averages and all had scored first class tons.

Just after that, in what seemed against the run of play, Jennings was caught in the gully. England went to lunch at 30odd for 1. I decided to go to bed thinking that they would score 600+ over the next two days, bowl the WI out cheaply in their 2nd dig and win the Test by an innings. As we know, that didn't quite happen.

What an amazing Test. 18 wickets on day two, zero the next and 10 on the fourth day. Even though England was bowled out very cheaply (they tend to do that a few times in the Caribbean), I thought they were still in it at the end of day two as their bowlers fought back well. The great WI partnership on day three drove those thoughts away.

We all know England is better than that as their recent Test match performances show. However, a bad day with the bat followed by a bad day with the ball can stop even the best teams

I didn't like the result but it was an entertaining Test. But if you only score 77 in the first dig it's going to be a big struggle to get back into the game. Personally thought England, as usual, were undercooked but this is par for the course in Test Match cricket now. Rock up about a week before the first Test, some net practice and a meaningless game against some local side and your supposed to be good to go. Complete bollocks.

Good viewing times in the UK, play started at 2pm so as I work from home in the afternoons I can keep one eye on play. See you've got your priorities right Baz, Happy Time scheduled for the lunch interval. Excellent Time Management.

Frankie 02-02-2019 07:55 PM

Better performance by England in the Second Test. Just went down by 10 wickets. Maybe the Windies are on their way back? Or is it just another shite performance by England? 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

England early order batting is a massive problem. Shit start and a massive struggle to put a score on the board. To counteract that the Selectors seem to think the lower order has to be capable of scoring runs. You end up with bowlers being picked on their batting capabilities.

Frankie 02-15-2019 06:26 PM

Well after 2 abysmal performances England manage to win the third and final Test by 232 runs. Too little too late.

kuranda_bagman 02-15-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 245764)
Well after 2 abysmal performances England manage to win the third and final Test by 232 runs. Too little too late.

To little too late - Sounds like Australia mate :-)

ferocious 02-16-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 245764)

Agreed but the second test was decided by the toss which we lost :angryold:
My hopes are cook comes out of retirement and Jason Roy is employed at No3

Frankie 02-16-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 245775)
Agreed but the second test was decided by the toss which we lost :angryold:
My hopes are cook comes out of retirement and Jason Roy is employed at No3

Think theres more chance of Borecott coming out of retirement than Cookie, but we can only hope. The front end batting is an absolute shambles, with no one able to nail a place down.

Ironic stat from last Test. Denley makes his Test debut at 32 years of age, same age Cookie was when he retired from his.

Frankie 02-17-2019 06:31 PM

Paul Farbrace is leaving the England set up in March and going to Warwickshire. Seems a bit sudden. Think Bayliss is leaving at the end of the 2019 season as well. Doesn't look like its just batting places that are up for grabs.

ferocious 02-26-2019 03:07 PM

Sir alistair cook not ruling out a return

http://www.skysports.com/share/11648944

bazzap 02-27-2019 11:19 PM

Poms & West Indians and their silly knighthoods for cricketers. So antiquated and outdated. Hard to believe they are still being handed out in the modern era.

Australia has only ever had one player that was knighted. The greatest cricket player of all time. That was done over 70 years ago. Thankfully, that will never happen again.

Unless we again get a prime minister like the clown, Tony Abbott

Frankie 03-01-2019 07:02 PM

:goldtooth:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 245818)
Poms & West Indians and their silly knighthoods for cricketers. So antiquated and outdated. Hard to believe they are still being handed out in the modern era.

Australia has only ever had one player that was knighted. The greatest cricket player of all time. That was done over 70 years ago. Thankfully, that will never happen again.

Unless we again get a prime minister like the clown, Tony Abbott

Got to be very careful who we dish these honours out to Baz. Upstanding, honest, decent citizens. Obviously you won't find many like that in convicts from a penal colony. :goldtooth: The Don excepted.

Frankie 03-01-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 245817)
Sir alistair cook not ruling out a return

http://www.skysports.com/share/11648944

Right all we have to do now is find someone to open with him. Toss up between Burns and Stoneman?

ferocious 03-02-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 245826)
Right all we have to do now is find someone to open with him. Toss up between Burns and Stoneman?

Burns for me

Frankie 03-02-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 245827)
Burns for me

Aye I would go along with that. If he doesn't perform then give Stoneman another go. Why they have persisted with Jennings for so long is beyond me.

bazzap 03-20-2019 04:14 AM

The cheating cunts are due back soon

The official line is that everything is rosy

Quote:

"It's like we didn't really leave," gushed David Warner.

"It's almost like we never left, so everything is on the right track," enthused Steven Smith.

"It's like two brothers coming back home," intoned Justin Langer.

Sounds like a lot of spin to me. Ponting said it better.

Quote:

"I think they [Smith and Warner] still have to prove they are the best players, especially on the back of what has happened in the recent ODIs against India," Ponting told the Times of India.

Excellent article on Cricinfo from Dan Brettig that can be read here

What the Smith Warner Reintegration Really Means

No more entitlements, no more privileges. Fucken oath!!

If old Bazz had his way, this is the only game of cricket that these bastards would ever play again

:bigfinger:bigfinger:bigfinger

kuranda_bagman 03-21-2019 12:04 AM

The pair of them should have been banned for life - Cunts !!!

bazzap 03-22-2019 01:28 AM

Just when you think that you have heard everything. I am beyond words

Cameron Bancroft Named Captain of Durham

Inconceivable!!

:out: