Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Racing Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16915)

bazzap 06-14-2015 04:54 AM

Racing Rambles

Royal Ascot on again this week. Four Aussie horses there this year.

Criterion goes around in the Prince of Wales 10f and will be thereabouts. Now a 4yo he has raced consistently since his 2yo days. He has won Group 1's in Australia over the distance. Best race won was the $4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes in April in which he left the likes of Adelaide, Red Cadeaux well in his wake

Shamal Wind is a 5yo mare going around in the Kings Stand 5f. Has won a Group 1 handicap at 5 1/2f. Has a blistering finish if she gets the right run. Not much chance though I don't know the opposition. Ryan Moore to ride is a plus. Owners have sent her to UK to be mated to Frankel to Australian breeding season time so kept her in work to try and win a race there as well.

Wandjina is a 3yo in the Golden Jubilee 6f. Better over 7-8f. Has won a Group 1 against own age over a mile at Flemington. Don't give him much chance over the sprint distance.

Brazen Beau is a 3yo in the Golden Jubilee 6f. The great white hope. Blistering speed. Has won 2 Group 1's down the straight 6f at Flemington. Towelled up the likes of Lankan Rupee, Chautauqua & Terravista in the Group 1 Newmarket in March over 6f. Those horses are rated as amongst the best sprinters in the world by Timeform. Certainly has the class but not sure how he has settled in. If on top of his game, he could blow them away. A shame Moriera could not get a release from the Hong Kong Jockey Club to ride him.

Here is a dodgy home made video of him winning the Newmarket. The race starts about 3.40 in.

Criterion, Wandjina and Brazen Beau are all stallions and will go to stud in Australia soon. They don't race at Ascot only for the money as prizemoney is better in Australia. There owners want them to win in the UK so they could then become a dual hemisphere shuttle stallion and that's when the big bucks roll in

:mounty:

bazzap 06-14-2015 05:00 AM

The best race coverage I have ever seen.

2015 Grand National from Aintree. Absolutely superb. Audio is not the best but the vision looks stunning especially on my 23" computer monitor

Can't put a link here sadly but look up 2015 Grand National on YouTube. Vision supplied by Racing UK - International

:bravo:

bigphill67 06-15-2015 07:18 PM

Fancy the queens horse PEACOCK Will run a big race on Thursday, should be hard to beat and derby form should confirm it finishing behind winner earlier this year, 7/2 is available here in uk at moment.

WankingWodger 06-15-2015 07:25 PM

California Chrome is doubtful

King of Rooks is the banker of the week, will win 100% guaranteed

Fork Handles 06-19-2015 09:03 PM

I woke up yesterday and found a new channel on free to air. Turns out its the 7 network's platform for free to air racing coverage. Unfortunately they don't have any races on it.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...19-ghsrjb.html

WankingWodger 06-20-2015 10:22 AM

Brazen Beau is the big Aussie hope today at Ascot :bravo2:

bigphill67 06-21-2015 02:10 PM

brave jockey on brazen beau giving a run away from the rest and almost paid off decent second place,

WankingWodger 06-21-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigphill67 (Post 235849)
brave jockey on brazen beau giving a run away from the rest and almost paid off decent second place,

You mean stupid , typical Aussie jockey clueless.

bazzap 08-07-2015 08:16 AM

Here come the Aussies!!!

We might up the creek without a paddle in the Test cricket but a couple of Aussie jockeys are going to show you Pommy bastards as well as the Euros and some sheillas how to ride at Royal Ascot on Saturday.

2015-Shergar-Cup

:ausflag:

WankingWodger 08-07-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 236735)
Here come the Aussies!!!

We might up the creek without a paddle in the Test cricket but a couple of Aussie jockeys are going to show you Pommy bastards as well as the Euros and some sheillas how to ride at Royal Ascot on Saturday.

2015-Shergar-Cup

It's only Royal Ascot in June, although wouldn't expect a commoner to know.

I have a fancy for the girls team this year.

WankingWodger 08-08-2015 07:52 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Told you

bazzap 08-09-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 236735)
Here come the Aussies!!!

2015-Shergar-Cup

:oops:

WankingWodger 08-09-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 236786)
:oops:

Gave you the winner, :hello:

bazzap 10-24-2015 10:32 AM

WS Cox Plate on in Melbourne today. No idea who would win especially with three internationals in the race. Coolmore were back again after winning last year's race.

I thought the only mare in the race, Winx, was a false favourite as she had been winning against inferior opposition plus it was her first try racing anti-clockwise and also her first start on the tricky, tight Moonee Valley racecourse.

Started laying her on Thursday on Betfair and gave as much as $7.80. Still layed her up until this morning. I rarely lose when laying but got it wrong big time today. She started $4.50 and won by nearly 5 lengths. Cost me about $300 AU :sad: Would have been worse but I laid another in the race and it obviously did not win.

Not to worry. I will get it back. Melbourne Cup on again in about 10 days. Japanese horse, Fame Game is all the rage so I might just lay that. Plus it is usually won by an import or overseas bred these days so easy to lay the Aussie & Kiwi bred horses as well.

Plus all the UK jumps races on again. Some have huge fields so very hard to pick the winner. Look at race 6 at Cheltenham tonight. It has 18 runners. Of course I don't know any of these horses. I pick one or two at random around the 18-25/1 mark, lay them to lose about $500 and hope for the best.

Seriously, I won thousands doing this around 2003 but nothing is guaranteed. Gave it away when I started going back to LOS on my own in 2004. Blew it all on the Pattaya bar girls instead.

Still doing it in a roundabout way

dancing

WankingWodger 10-24-2015 05:44 PM

That's an even worse strategy than marrying a bargirl, both are gonna leave you skint.

Lay short price favourites especially in big field (over 8 runner) novice chases is one system I like.

bazzap 11-02-2015 06:15 AM

Melbourne Cup on tomorrow Tues 3rd Nov. 11am Pattaya time.

The usual lottery with all the UK, Japanese, Irish & Euro imports running plus the "ex-pat" horses born overseas but trained by Australians & Kiwis.

Going to lay the favourite, Fame Game. Favourites and horses carrying 57kgs and above rarely win. So a double whammy for him. Which means, knowing my form, he will win easily. :crying:

Will have a couple of bob on Our Ivanhowe & Excess Knowledge. Take those horses with Trip to Paris, Who Shot the Barman, Preferment, Almonquith and the best named horse in the race, Max Dynamite in quinellas, trifectas and First 4s.

Good luck to all having a flutter on the big race

:mounty:

WankingWodger 11-02-2015 08:51 AM

Big Orange for me

Fork Handles 11-03-2015 01:52 AM

Barrier draw seems to be helping in the early races. Need to be near the inside running. I think the winner will have to be in the first bunch at the turn first time around. So Max D with F Dettori on board from barrier 2. Keeping the favourite safe in the trifecta, along with Trip to Paris, which can obviously go the distance :).

bazzap 11-03-2015 04:50 AM

Wish I never had a bet

Still I picked up $100 (minus commission) from Fame Game losing on Betfair

:banana:

WankingWodger 11-03-2015 08:39 AM

Big shocker with a sheila riding the winner too

bazzap 11-03-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 238081)
Big shocker with a sheila riding the winner too

They should never have been allowed to ride in thoroughbred races. Nearly as bad as letting them vote, drive and drink in the front bar of the pub.

A shame that they don't know their place which is on their back, their knees, the kitchen, the laundry and doing what they're told.

The world is going down the gurgler because of women.

dancing

kuranda_bagman 11-03-2015 07:39 PM

Sexist Pig - She rode a great race, not even using the whip in the dash for the line - Obviously the horse liked the fact that he had a set of flaps on his back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 238088)
They should never have been allowed to ride in thoroughbred races. Nearly as bad as letting them vote, drive and drink in the front bar of the pub.

A shame that they don't know their place which is on their back, their knees, the kitchen, the laundry and doing what they're told.

The world is going down the gurgler because of women.

dancing

bazzap 11-04-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman (Post 238092)

Sexist Pig

You're not the first person to call me that. However the rest have all been women and they were always white.

Could never understand why either

:clueless:

dancing

Frankie 11-06-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 238107)
You're not the first person to call me that. However the rest have all been women and they were always white.

Could never understand why either.

:clueless:

dancing

Baz, maybe its because you didnt truely spoil them and splash out on: Marigolds, Pledge, Domestos, Fairy Liquid etc.

bazzap 04-09-2016 02:13 PM

The Grand National from Aintree set to jump in about two hours.

No idea on any horse but had a few bob each way on Goonyella and Unioniste coz I like the names

Heading down to the Lion Pub shortly to watch the race and the football.

I doubt that they will be showing QPR

:crying:

Jake 04-09-2016 06:51 PM

Where is the Lion Pub, Baz ?

I need a whole bunch of new bars, clubs and restaurants to go to necxt month as my wife is coming with me

bazzap 04-10-2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 240002)
Where is the Lion Pub, Baz ?

I need a whole bunch of new bars, clubs and restaurants to go to necxt month as my wife is coming with me

There ya go. The route from the Sandy Spring to the Lion Pub. Clear as mud

The Lion Pub is on the corner of Soi Kophai 10 & Thepparsit Soi 8.

Nearly everybody gets lost coming over this way. Even the guys using Google Maps on their phones. Sadly the Lion Pub is not marked on Maps but Punch & Judy just up the road a bit is.

What is hard is there are no baht buses out this way. It is either motorbike taxi (about 70B), hire a baht bus or walk. The bike taxi bloke will have no idea where to go if you say Lion Pub. Better to say Thepparsit Soi 8 and you are in with a chance.

It is easy to find. From the Sandy, go down Beach Rd, turn left into South Pattaya Rd. Follow that past Friendship to 3rd Rd (Tony's Gym). Turn right into 3rd Rd. Follow 3rd Rd till the next set of lights. Turn left at those lights. You are now in Soi Regional Land. Follow that for about a kilometre and you will see the Lion Pub right in front of you.

They have a website (www.lionpubpattaya.com) and a Facebook page (The Lion Pub Pattaya)

Hope this helps

:cheers:

Jake 04-10-2016 11:13 AM

Great detail

Thank you very much

Are Chicken and herb crisps ok ?

bazzap 04-12-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 240008)

Are Chicken and herb crisps ok ?

They would be lovely thanks mate. Much appreciated.

That good man MS is also bringing me some over shortly as well.

No good for my struggling diet but the odd crisps every now & then should not do too much damage. I will however be up the creek if they are ever released in Thailand.

A man has weaknesses

:paranoid:

bazzap 06-20-2017 10:06 AM

Royal Ascot carnival to kick off in a few hours. First race is 8.30 pm Thai time.

No idea on the horses so going to have a few bob each way on those wonderful "Aussie" jockeys, William Buick & James Doyle on all their rides over the week.

For those that don't know, Buick & Doyle are young English hoops and ride for Godolphin as stable jockeys. They ride a lot in Sydney during the English off-season, especially on big race days.

Bloody good jockeys

:thumbsup:

bazzap 06-21-2017 01:41 AM

Big punter me :haha:

$10-$20 a race just to have an interest

Day 1 results. I missed the first two races as too busy reading about cameras. Thus I missed a short priced winner in the first race :wallbash:

Still, I did ok in the last four races

Told ya they were good jockeys

:terrific:

bazzap 08-23-2020 10:32 AM

The result from Singapore Race 4 today

It actually started at 5/1

:toot:

bazzap 11-06-2023 07:20 AM

The Melbourne Cup is on tomorrow. 11 a.m. Thai time About the only time I have a bet these days

For about the last 30 years, I outlay about $200 odd on the same numbers

$25 Win and Place on numbers 5 & 9. The rest goes on the numbers 1,2 5,6 & 9 in quinellas and trifectas

Hardly won a thing over the years but go again, year after year. Another donation to the bookies. Same as buying lotto tickets in a syndicate of the same blokes for nearly 30 years.

I have better luck in the Melb. Cup using my own selections and usually outlaying another $300-400. I picked up over $600 last year on the quinella.

This year I am taking it easy and only outlaying about $50 on a 100/1 shot called Interpretation #22. He is by Galileo, a lightly raced 6yo who won his last start and his trainer won the Cup last year. I like his young jockey who has a knack for riding winners at big odds. $10 Win $20 Place and $20 on Betfair to finish in the top ten

God give him strength

:floghorse:

bazzap 11-08-2023 02:03 AM

Another year, another donation to the bookies

My horse, Interpretation, ended up at 50/1 and ran 6th so I got back something as I had a few bob on him on Betfair to run top 10

If I am still kicking, this old mug will have another go next year

:wallbash:

Frankie 11-10-2023 06:12 PM

How did Lester Piggot get on Baz?

bazzap 11-11-2023 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 249855)
How did Lester Piggot get on Baz?

He's up there looking down laughing at all the silly mug punters

:haha: