Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Pattaya Newbies Section (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daytime in Pattaya vs Bangkok (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=14781)

beerman 07-11-2011 03:17 PM

Daytime in Pattaya vs Bangkok

I'm going thailand again in a weeks time but havent decided whether to go bk or pattaya. I'd get bored on beaches sunning myself I like to walk about and see things - preferably not at tourist prices!

Would i get bored in pattaya? I mean sure of a night Pattaya sounds great but do you think I would resent being there bored out of my wits during the daytime?

I'm thinking between 5 and 10 days in pattaya....too much too few? what's your thoughts? Is pattaya just a few market stools, loads of gogo bars and then hangover recovery in the beach / hotel pool until the night again?

gonzo 07-11-2011 03:34 PM

The 'nightlife' in Pattaya carries on in the day too. There are a few gogos open in the daytime (albeit with a much lower level of quality than you'll find on Walking st at night) or you've got soi 6 which is a street full of short-time bars and you've also got a few soapy massage places.

If you're looking for sightseeing then it's slim pickings to be honest and in terms of variety of things to do away from the bar scene it's nothing to compare with Bangkok but there's still enough that you wouldn't get bored there on 5 or 10 day stay.

beerman 07-11-2011 03:53 PM

When I was in BKK i would walk 10 - 20 miles per day. Just walk in a random direction and take in the sights stop at a McD have some chicken or street vendor food, go to a market then walk back hit the bars, enjoy the night cocktails come back to the hotel sleep and repeat. Loved it!

I just wan't see myself doing the gogo thing night and day really how big would say you the 'core' part of pattaya is in terms of square miles?

gonzo 07-11-2011 04:11 PM

Pattaya isn't that big really. You've got to bare in mind that although Thailand calls many places 'cities', by western standards they've only got one and that's BKK. If you want to walk for miles and miles, surrounded by hustle and bustle, then BKK is your only real option. You certainly couldn't do 20 miles a day in Pattaya for 10 days without covering the same ground quite a few times.

ferocious 07-11-2011 05:29 PM

sure from top of naklua to bottom of jomtien is 15k about 9 mile i did on my bike once and measured it..

techno kev 07-11-2011 07:32 PM

just stay out at insomnia and the jp bar till the sun comes up like i just did on my recent trip then you will have no need to worry about daytime activity in pattaya coz it will nearly be dark again by the time you wake up and shag your disco bird again,then just repeat that cycle for your entire stay !!!

bigphill67 07-11-2011 07:50 PM

pattaya is a 24 hour bar and party venue always somewhere open for some fun within walking distanc of the next place, from the daytime beer bars and soi 6 to the night time bars and go-go's then the disco's and jp bar ect. its eay to get caught up in a circle of bars and girls and go to a different venue/street each day, but as gonzo says not to much outside of the beer and girls to attract anyone to pattaya if they're looking for culture then maybe a split trip a few days in bkk then pattaya or even up to chang mai for some trekking if walking's your thing.

Mirkwood 07-11-2011 10:38 PM

BKK is boring unless you like shopping. Pattaya is a lot more fun if you are only there for sex.

ROLAND 07-12-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirkwood (Post 208335)
BKK is boring unless you like shopping. Pattaya is a lot more fun if you are only there for sex.

Awaits Toms reply

tom 07-12-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 208340)
Awaits Toms reply

I was never quite sure whether to find Mirky's version of Living the Dream laughable or sad. Now, I think of what any normal person would have been able to achieve in the 18 months or so that he's been here.

Imagine living in Bangkok, one of the best cities in the world, and contemplating spending your birthday at the Cherry Bar in Pattaya. It says everything really - the Jade Goodie of Pattaya forums. :scotty: