Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Scottish Independence (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16398)

penetrator 08-31-2014 03:48 PM

I've not heard how the north sea maritime border wil be settled, as far as I know the current border runs horizontally west to east from just north of Berwick upon Tweed but the land border between England and Scotland runs at roughly a 45 degree angle. The current maritime border is not internationally recognised and the commonly accepted way to set a maritime border is to continue the land border out at the same angle. This could put up to half the oil into UK waters.

Personally I think we should follow Chinas lead on territoral waters and claim everything in the North sea right up to knee depth water at low tide off the Scottish and Norwegian coasts.

soi 2 08-31-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer (Post 228413)
Thanks for that and although you and a couple of other people have mentioned how harsh the campaign has become,watching that video clip really visually showed it.

It seemed to me somewhat sad to watch such hate.

Debate yes but that was a farce.

Hi Paul, glad you got the chance to see the video. As it has been pulled from youtube for a copyright claim by 'wee bastard'. Once again discussion stifled and silenced by the nationalist extremists. I feel sad too. This has gone way too far. I've been called a coward and a traitor for being pro-union. These uneducated hill billy types are everywhere spewing their hate. That headcase telling the English guy he shouldn't even be here and he'd knock him out. What are these people going to do on the 19th if it's a NO vote ? There will be serious trouble and unrest in some areas.... this is the worst thing that's happened in Scotland in my life time.

simie 08-31-2014 10:31 PM

That tosspot Salmond has a lot to answer for.
I think he's an ego maniac?
If it's a no vote Scotland will miss out on joining as Salmonds "ark of prosperity" with Ireland and Iceland....oh hang on they both went bust didn't they!
Simie.

Jake 09-01-2014 09:48 PM

I'm beginning to think that if Salmand wanted a YES vote he would have let the English vote too. The way I hear people talking now, most of us would be glad to get rid of the whinging bastards

If thet truly hate us that much, just let them go

WankingWodger 09-02-2014 08:30 AM

The way things are going it will be 50/50 soon , the independence lot have got the momentum and will be interesting to see how it goes.

If they vote out then hopefully we will see the end of Cameron as PM for starters.

soi 2 09-02-2014 08:57 AM

I know someone who is going round the doors doing market research for No Thanks. He reckons it's close, his take on an average street is 18 No's, 14 Yes and 4 Don't knows. This has been the longest election campaign in history. I've ditched the Union Jacks off my facebook cover photo and trying to keep a low profile. All sensible debate has long ceased and it's just abuse and bad feeling now. The sooner this is over the better.

simie 09-02-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soi 2 (Post 228524)
I know someone who is going round the doors doing market research for No Thanks. He reckons it's close, his take on an average street is 18 No's, 14 Yes and 4 Don't knows. This has been the longest election campaign in history. I've ditched the Union Jacks off my facebook cover photo and trying to keep a low profile. All sensible debate has long ceased and it's just abuse and bad feeling now. The sooner this is over the better.

Don't worry Gaz if it goes the wrong way we'll give you asylum down here!
Simie.

WankingWodger 09-02-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simie (Post 228528)
Don't worry Gaz if it goes the wrong way we'll give you asylum down here!
Simie.

We can swop Gaz for you :bigfinger

simie 09-02-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 228529)
We can swop Gaz for you :bigfinger

I reckon Alex Salmond and Lord Hove would get on famously?!:bigfinger
Simie.

old crust 09-02-2014 06:41 PM

It is all over for the Yes crowd today. EU are saying they cannot keep the pound and be in the EU. No independent central bank, no membership. Economic meltdown if they vote yes on the 18th.