Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Championship 2011/12 (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=14721)

gonzo 06-23-2011 01:43 PM

Championship 2011/12

Gonna be a tough league this year I reckon. I can see West Ham going up in 1st easily but after that the waters muddy quite a bit. Be interesting to see who Brum are left with considering half the team is linked with various moves and how Hughton does at a club he's unfamiliar with.

As an aside about Hughton, apparently he was front runner for the Cardiff job and was impressing at the interview going through a Powerpoint presentation as to what he'd like to do to move the club forward until he clicked to the next slide only for it to be covered in West Ham logos as he'd gone for that job the week before and hadn't bothered to change it. Didn't go over too well and consequently his name didn't go forward to Kuala Lumpa in the final selection. Schoolboy error but he at least got further than Di Matteo who was ruled out immediately at interview as he turned up stinking of booze by all accounts.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the transfer window as there've been a few clubs now jostling for position the last couple of seasons and always making the playoffs or thereabouts so a few astute signings could make all the difference.

InCider 06-23-2011 03:28 PM

Yep, breaking into that top six will be really difficult. In some respects it's going to be even tougher now that the sides relegated from the prem can get up to three years parachute payments.

Looking at the table, there's going to be some decent sides going down at the end of it. I think the Posh might struggle again, but there doesn't appear to be three obvious relegation candidates.

thailearner 06-23-2011 05:47 PM

I think relegation will be between Posh, Palace, Donny Rovers, Derby and Coventry

gkp 06-23-2011 07:09 PM

I am in LOS for our home game v Brighton..hows your luck :-(

InCider 06-24-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thailearner (Post 207450)
I think relegation will be between Posh, Palace, Donny Rovers, Derby and Coventry

I'd be quite happy to see Palarse, Cardiff and Brighton filling those places :sofahide:

gonzo 06-24-2011 08:16 AM

With so many changes at the CCS it's hard to guess where we'll finish this year. New manager, half the team gone.....I'd like to think we'll still be challenging for the play-offs but we could struggle to stay off the bottom. One thing thats certain is we need some decent signings. Heard good stuff about Craig Conway but we definitely need some forwards as the only recognised striker we have left is fat boy Parkin who's shite.

gonzo 06-24-2011 08:26 AM

Talk about being careful what you wish for, just logged onto one of the Cardiff forums after posting that to see we've made an approach for David '2 outstanding assault charges and a rape allegation' Goodwillie. Just what we need :rolleyes:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Fo...ig-conway.html

monsterman 06-24-2011 03:01 PM

its all fixed anyway , i lost interest this year with the premier league

Bilbobaggins 06-25-2011 07:56 PM

I don't think Wet Sham will run away with it by any means, club is in turmoil.
Cardiff ditto.

I reckon we might see a couple of surprises going up this season.

Southampton not a bad outside bet for the playoffs

old crust 07-01-2011 06:45 PM

Leicester (or more accurately the Asian backers) seem to have enough money to out bid Premier clubs. On the face of it the Thai owners are holding plenty of folding, but there is a story circulating in these parts that behind them are some massively wealthy Chinese. It will be interesting to see how many players we bring in this month. As long as we win the first game at our main rivals Cov' I will be more than happy. Loose and Sven and his Asian backers can all fuck off............. I love being a fickle football fan.

gonzo 07-01-2011 06:58 PM

Who've your lot grabbed so far OC? I know you're interested in nicking Whitts off us.

Watford must be hating us about now, had their manager, few backroom staff and just saw Don Cowie has signed for us as well this afternoon.

Andrew Taylor and David Goodwillie are having medicals on Monday and there are rumours of a couple more on the way over the next week or 2 as well.

ROLAND 07-01-2011 07:02 PM

We signed ROLAND Bergkamp today, good looking lad as are all those called ROLAND.

old crust 07-01-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 207777)
Who've your lot grabbed so far OC? I know you're interested in nicking Whitts off us.

Should get the inside knowledge on Whittingham this weekend, my mate works with his Mum.

Also signed is Danns from Palace, the Huddersfield right back Peltvor (sp?) both these lads are from Toxteth, so if all else fails a riot should be no problem.

And, Schmichael from Leeds, and tomorrow should see the confirmation of Mickail-Smith from Peterborough.

Then two £4 million offers are in for Maynard from Bristol City and Mills the Reading centre half. Loads more being linked as well.

Apparently Nugent from Pompey as signed too.

ROLAND 07-01-2011 07:31 PM

On SSN tonight Leicester got a bid in for Pilkington from Huddersfield for £1.7million

old crust 07-01-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 207781)
On SSN tonight Leicester got a bid in for Pilkington from Huddersfield for £1.7million

They seem to be bidding for everyone. I just wished I'd heard of this latest one. I wonder if its Karl Pilkington's brother.

ROLAND 07-01-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 207782)
They seem to be bidding for everyone. I just wished I'd heard of this latest one. I wonder if its Karl Pilkington's brother.

Anthony Pilkington, their best player before he got injured and missed the rest of the season

gonzo 07-01-2011 08:01 PM

I'm a bit concerned about Leicester this season to be honest, you're certainly bringing some decent players in.

old crust 07-01-2011 08:07 PM

The benchmark will be if they sign Mills. He is a top player and on the wanted list of a few Premier clubs. If he does sign in the next day or so, then lump on a decent bet for us to win it. Quite a few more will follow him.

ROLAND 07-01-2011 08:09 PM

Leicester doing the Middlesboro this close season and look what happened to them ?
Splashing the cash is no guarantee of success.

old crust 07-01-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 207791)
Leicester doing the Middlesboro this close season and look what happened to them ?
Splashing the cash is no guarantee of success.

Very true, but these Asian lads really mean it and some of their targets can play abit.

ROLAND 07-01-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 207793)
Very true, but these Asian lads really mean it and some of their targets can play abit.

Bit like shit or bust to me, West Ham splashing the cash too but not sure if the Brummies will now due to their owner being banged up.

Trouble is only 3 teams go up and it is going to be a tight old division this season, I'll be happy for a top half finish.

thailearner 07-01-2011 09:25 PM

I think we should be spending a few quid but not going mad, leave that to when we are in the premiership

old crust 07-02-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thailearner (Post 207796)
I think we should be spending a few quid but not going mad, leave that to when we are in the premiership

I think there is another plan for big spending in the Premier too. But as ROLAND rightly points out it could be shit or bust. One other positive note is the money the owners are putting into the club infrastructure. The training ground is being massively developed, this suggests to me they are in for the long term.

I think Brighton will go well and take last years good form into this year. Look at Norwich for an example of what can be done.

thailearner 07-02-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 207807)
I think there is another plan for big spending in the Premier too. But as ROLAND rightly points out it could be shit or bust. One other positive note is the money the owners are putting into the club infrastructure. The training ground is being massively developed, this suggests to me they are in for the long term.

I think Brighton will go well and take last years good form into this year. Look at Norwich for an example of what can be done.

I would agree that they are in it for the long term with them improving the clubs infastructure.

BigBadSi 07-02-2011 03:46 PM

Don't fancy Leeds to do owt this season bates has shown his ambition or lack of by getting rid of schmeichal and signing a 2ndvrate gale in rachubka also possible signing of dudek , smith , woodgate and bowyer were going backward ,smith never been the same since he broke his leg, woodgate had never been right is be happy with bowyer to come but bates 10k wage limit won't entice many here.
My prediction for Leeds 10th to 15th

Promotion , west ham , leicester and either Birmingham or southampton
Relegation , palace , peterbro, and poss bristol city

thailearner 07-02-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadSi (Post 207822)
Don't fancy Leeds to do owt this season bates has shown his ambition or lack of by getting rid of schmeichal and signing a 2ndvrate gale in rachubka also possible signing of dudek , smith , woodgate and bowyer were going backward ,smith never been the same since he broke his leg, woodgate had never been right is be happy with bowyer to come but bates 10k wage limit won't entice many here.
My prediction for Leeds 10th to 15th

Promotion , west ham , leicester and either Birmingham or southampton
Relegation , palace , peterbro, and poss bristol city

Was suprise when you got rid of your number 1 keeper

gonzo 07-02-2011 11:41 PM

Schmeichel isn't all that, don't get me wrong, he's good enough for the championship but he's really nothing special.

ROLAND 07-04-2011 03:20 PM

Mackail Smith signs for the Albion

dancing

old crust 07-04-2011 04:10 PM

Good signing for the Seagulls, I would have liked him at City, but we can't offer him the seaside.

thailearner 07-04-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 207933)
Mackail Smith signs for the Albion

dancing

I glad we didn't sign him he wasn't worth 3 million quid he was shit in Championship the season before last.

gonzo 07-05-2011 08:53 AM

Andrew Taylor's move to City now official, still waiting on David Goodwillie.

And unlucky West Ham, Martyn Margetson is on his way to ruin your keepers after being told it was either jump or be pushed at the CCS.

ROLAND 07-05-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thailearner (Post 207950)
I glad we didn't sign him he wasn't worth 3 million quid he was shit in Championship the season before last.

We'll see who is right next May, apparantly he didn't sign for you as Sven was on holiday and couldn't be bothered to turn up to meet him.

To me 11 goals in a struggling Championship team is quite good and I'll bet my house he will score more than that fuckwit Murray at Palace.

gonzo 07-06-2011 09:28 AM

Leicester have signed bow hunting, carnivore, NRA advocate Ted Nugent by all accounts :huh:

ROLAND 07-06-2011 11:12 AM

Cardiff just signed Robert Earnshaw from Forest, bit of a risk as been injury prone in the last few years

gonzo 07-06-2011 12:03 PM

Not a bad bit of business as a direct replacement for Chopra though, free signing, far less in wages and a slightly better goals/pitchtime ratio over the past couple of seasons.

Plus he's not a fat pisshead with a gambling problem.

old crust 07-06-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 208044)
Leicester have signed bow hunting, carnivore, NRA advocate Ted Nugent by all accounts :huh:

Old Ted will fit in well with our fox hunting traditions.

gkp 07-06-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 208050)
Cardiff just signed Robert Earnshaw from Forest, bit of a risk as been injury prone in the last few years

We was after him..looks like we could be in the shit again if we dont get another striker soon .

ROLAND 07-06-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkp (Post 208083)
We was after him..looks like we could be in the shit again if we dont get another striker soon .

We're looking at Ambrose :bigfinger

old crust 07-06-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkp (Post 208083)

How do you rate this Danns who Leicester have signed?

gkp 07-06-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 208088)
How do you rate this Danns who Leicester have signed?

He will do good for Leicester..in our top 3 players for the past few seasons..not prem standard but a good championship player.