Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Boxing. Khan VS Barrera. (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=10439)

Mirkwood 03-11-2009 08:51 PM

Boxing. Khan VS Barrera.

I'm totally gutted that I will be missing this scrap. Going to Zurich to see my son.

Khans got guts taking Barrera on. I admire him for doing so. This is what a fight should be about not some set up with a clear winner before the bell goes.

Barrera is probably my favourite modern day fighter. He's just fantastic. If you doubt that just watch him against Erik Morales (first fight) on youtube.

Good luck to both of them. I would have given anything to go to this fight.

Elvis 03-11-2009 09:00 PM

khan will get fucked up positive of it

ferocious 03-11-2009 09:00 PM

went to see barrera v morales II in vegas not a patch on the first but still a great fight which barrera won on points , i think barrera is too small for khan having first won a world title at super bantamweight now 3 weights up and khan being a big lightweight i just can't see him having the power to do anything to khan but khan's chin seems to be made of glass so it is possible , barrera is aiming to be the first mexican to win titles at 4 different weights & it'll be intresting to see how much he's got left in the tank if he's still got the fire in his belly well maybe but i fancy khan on points

Thebomb 03-11-2009 09:01 PM

ive put money on khan......only a fiver and only cos some young kid at work swears barrera will kick his arse and i want the cocky little cunt to be wrong.....although secretly i want barrera to give khan a schooling/boxing lesson same same he gave that other cocky fucker "prince"naseem hamed!!!...........barrera's not big enough for lightweight and khans a massive lightweight........is he ower the hill at 35?? or has he a touch of the old magic left? lets hope he has.....my head says khan but heart says barrera.....it looks a corker of a match up!!!

Bilbobaggins 03-11-2009 09:02 PM

I'd love Barrera to kick the pakis arse but reckon |Khan will play it safely, stay out of range and box his way to a boring points win.

Mirkwood 03-11-2009 09:11 PM

I know Barrera will win. He's a champion.

Khans got guts for taking this though. I didn't like him due to the Muslim bit early on in his career but he's won me over. Nowhere near as cocky as Hamed.

ROLAND 03-11-2009 09:12 PM

Having seen some of the stuff on Sky Sports News it seems Barrera is here on a bit of a holiday, hope that is deceptive and he does do a number on Khan.
I expect I'll cough up for the PPV as its not too bad a card.

Elvis 03-11-2009 09:14 PM

seen betting kkan is favorite 8/11 barrea is 11/10

ferocious 03-11-2009 09:15 PM

remember the last time barrera fought in england against that paul lloyd done a proper number on him...i'm in bulgaria this weekend so hopefully the irish places will have it

ROLAND 03-11-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 140452)
remember the last time barrera fought in england against that paul lloyd done a proper number on him...i'm in bulgaria this weekend so hopefully the irish places will have it

I think this is the 3rd time MSB has fought in England, Paul Lloyd was one and I forget the other time.

ROLAND 03-11-2009 09:27 PM

It was Paul Lloyd here and he beat Richie Wenton in the USA

ferocious 03-11-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 140459)
I think this is the 3rd time MSB has fought in England, Paul Lloyd was one and I forget the other time.

didn't warren have him on board for a short while after he got beat off junior jones for a second time ? he proper bust lloyd up in one round got scored 10-7 and he never came out for second round

ROLAND 03-11-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 140465)
didn't warren have him on board for a short while after he got beat off junior jones for a second time ? he proper bust lloyd up in one round got scored 10-7 and he never came out for second round

The Lloyd fight was on a FW bill 3rd April 1999 at the Royal Albert Hall with Julius Francis beating Danny Williams in the top of the bill and some youngster called Ricky Hatton on the undercard.

penetrator 03-12-2009 03:04 PM

I hope Barrera does a proper spot of paki bashing but I think he's about 5 years and 3 weight divisions past his best.

ROLAND 03-14-2009 06:45 PM

A top night for fight fans and I shall be paying my £14.64 to watch the Khan v Barrera scrap but after seeing the weigh in I think Khan will be doing a number on MAB, how can you come in over weight if you are going up in weight ? Only if you haven't taken the fight seriously.
The Macaranelli and Cook fights look competitive so hopefully they won't be one round blow outs.
Also a decent looking match on ITV4 with Wayne Elcock going up against Matthew Macklin for the British Middleweight Title and another appearance by the latest great white hope Tyson Fury.
So I've popped into Mr Patels 24 hours convenience store at the top of my road and treated myself to a bottle of Fanta and a box of Maltesers and will be glued to this fistic feast dancing

Thebomb 03-14-2009 07:07 PM

fanta AND malteser's........u know how to live R dancing

ill be watchin the maklin fight at home before heading out to watch khan v barrera..........did barrera come in over weight????????

ROLAND 03-14-2009 07:40 PM

Had to strip off and took 3 visits to the scales to make the weight

Bilbobaggins 03-15-2009 02:14 AM

fat cunt dancing

:hiding:

ROLAND 03-15-2009 10:14 AM

I told you Khan would win easy and he would have done with no cut

penetrator 03-15-2009 03:13 PM

Beat an overweight over the hill ex legend who could'nt see fuck all, big deal, Kirkland Laing beat Roberto Duran when Duran was still pretty much in his prime and still never amounted to fuck all. When Khan fights a proper world class lightweight he'll get knocked out same as Laing did against anyone who was half decent apart from an uninterested Duran.

ROLAND 03-15-2009 03:20 PM

I wonder when he will have the rematch with Bredis Prescott ? Probably the 12th of never dancing