Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Online sports betting (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=11671)

soi 2 09-17-2009 11:37 PM

Online sports betting

I'm going to set up an account for online sports betting. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations ? Betfair ? Ladbrokes ? Are they all pretty much the same, any sites worth choosing over others ? I don't know anything about these sites so any advice appreciated. :cheers:

jonny 09-18-2009 09:06 AM

betfair mate!

No point in choosing any of the bookies as their overound is massive. You will get better value on betfair by a long way and also there are a lot of strategies you can use to make money whatever the result. I know......its what i do fulltime!

soi 2 09-18-2009 11:00 AM

OK thanks jonny. I'll set one up with them.

jonny 09-18-2009 12:15 PM

also have a look around there are loads of sign up codes for getting free 10 pounds when you sign up. I'd give you mine but haven't a clue what it is!

jonny 09-18-2009 12:16 PM

what sort of sports betting do you do?

soi 2 09-18-2009 12:56 PM

Thanks for mentioning the free 10 pound bet. I'll have a look for codes. I'm not really into gambling seriously just looking to have a bit of fun rather than trying to create a second income. Just trying to make the football a bit more exciting this year.

Some serious gamblers at the gym I work in. One guy pays for all his family holidays with his winnings. Football and rugby league are his main interests. I'll get a few tips from him and see how I get on.

Good luck, must be an exciting way to make a living.

bazzap 09-18-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soi 2 (Post 160754)

Good luck, must be an exciting way to make a living.

As long as you don't mind having no fingernails. Not for the faint hearted (like me).

:rugby:

foz 09-18-2009 02:57 PM

i trade with sporting index,trade on american football mainly,also appose favourites on betfair,i.e allways lay teams like man u as nearly allways odds on.pick a stake i.e £20 ,lay them for that amout if they win next time lay them for stake allready lost plus £20,i carry on till eventually they dont win.

old crust 09-18-2009 04:28 PM

I cannot understand why anyone would have an account with anyone other than Betfair.

gonzo 09-18-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny (Post 160739)
betfair mate!

No point in choosing any of the bookies as their overound is massive. You will get better value on betfair by a long way and also there are a lot of strategies you can use to make money whatever the result. I know......its what i do fulltime!

Nice one mate, I knew you were considering it a while back but didn't realise you'd made the jump to pro gambler. How's it working out?

jonny 09-18-2009 05:01 PM

yeh have been doing it fulltime for about 6 months now. My turnover on betfair is massive!!!

Its pretty good though. Start at 2 and finish at 5 at the moment

jonny 09-18-2009 05:01 PM

if its something you want to dabble in I can let forward you how to get some decent software for free

old crust 09-18-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny (Post 160768)
if its something you want to dabble in I can let forward you how to get some decent software for free

I'm still trading manually and having the odd rough time. Not being very savvy with software (bots?) I have avoided getting involved. Hearing some success stories I am tempted to try, any info' to help would be appreciated.

jonny 09-18-2009 07:27 PM

sure!!!

well there are the main ones
bettrader www.racingtraders.com (avoid this like the plague!)
gruss not sure of the url?
betangel www.betangel.com (my own personal choice of trading platform)

And there is currently a free one about to come out that I have been testing for a friend. I can't put a direct link up but I can tell you by pm how to get it as it hasn't been officially released yet? It is free and very good though.

What sort of stuff have you been doing manually? How many mins out have you been doing it??

old crust 09-18-2009 07:53 PM

Thanks jonny, I'll start doing a bit of research. My manual stuff is pretty crude, mainly horses, jumping in and out of the market.

Bilbobaggins 09-18-2009 08:02 PM

just as an aside......

Welcome back Jonny :thumbsup:

foz 09-18-2009 08:29 PM

jonny ................what u trade on ? horses?

elway69 09-19-2009 08:48 AM

I'm not much of a gambler but I like a punt on the golf now and again.
I use paddypower.com

thailearner 09-19-2009 09:16 AM

I tried bet Fred but they wouldn't take him

jonny 09-19-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foz (Post 160782)
jonny ................what u trade on ? horses?

Yeh primarily horse racing. There is an average of about 20 races a day 363 days a year so a very regular income if you know what you are doing.

I know people making 300-500k a year and its tax free

Bilbobaggins 09-19-2009 12:45 PM

300-500k a year???? kinell....

I'd be happy with 50k!

PM me some tips Jonny!

thailearner 09-19-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins (Post 160901)
300-500k a year???? kinell....

I'd be happy with 50k!

PM me some tips Jonny!

Would love some tips too

jonny 09-22-2009 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thats the good thing about sports trading. it doesn't matter who wins!!

Check out the below screenshot. Thats of a race that has just gone off a few minutes ago. Whoever wins I make 10 pounds. Now I didn't particularly trade that very well but it took about 30 seconds and there are an average of 20 races a day everyday......

jonny 09-22-2009 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the next another couple of mins work.

you get the idea! and its all tax free

Esco 09-22-2009 02:29 PM

Interesting stuff there Jonny will have to have a look at home. Mainly do football betting myself and usually make a little profit every weekend but would love to do something similar like you.

Cheers

jonny 09-22-2009 02:42 PM

if you are into football check out these guys blog. You get an idea of what is possible if you get good at it!

http://psychoff.blogspot.com

I also heard a rumour from someone I know who is one of the top sports traders that he knows of someone who has broken the 1 million mark in a year trading football!

Esco 09-22-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny (Post 161251)
if you are into football check out these guys blog. You get an idea of what is possible if you get good at it!

http://psychoff.blogspot.com

I also heard a rumour from someone I know who is one of the top sports traders that he knows of someone who has broken the 1 million mark in a year trading football!

Talk about a way to live in Thailand whilst sitting on your arse drinking beer dancing

old crust 09-22-2009 05:49 PM

Nice work jonny. Were you just betting and laying the one horse? Thanks for the betangel tip. Obviously loads to learn before 'going live' with it, but it makes loads of sense and makes my manual efforts look a bit tame and dangerous in comparison.

old crust 09-22-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esco (Post 161252)
Talk about a way to live in Thailand whilst sitting on your arse drinking beer dancing

Don't under estimate how hard this can be.

Bilbobaggins 09-22-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny (Post 161249)
the next another couple of mins work.

you get the idea! and its all tax free

:scratch:......................:sadwalk:

Esco 09-22-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 161280)
Don't under estimate how hard this can be.

I have done a little reading on the subject and it does seem hard work. Not something you can de besides your daily work and expect to make a fortune. Might keep me out of the pub in the weekends and make me some extra pocket money tho

jonny 09-23-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 161277)
Nice work jonny. Were you just betting and laying the one horse? Thanks for the betangel tip. Obviously loads to learn before 'going live' with it, but it makes loads of sense and makes my manual efforts look a bit tame and dangerous in comparison.

Hi mate,

Yeh I was doing various things I think the 2nd one I just scalped the second favourite around the price action and the first I swing traded the favourite. It depends on all sorts of things. What type of market it is, what type of race. no. of runners, liquidity. ALl sorts really! There is a lot to learn with it. I have been doing it for 3 years and I am just an average trader.

I tried to post a screenshot of my desktop to give you an idea of how much information I have in front of me but its too bloody big! Will have to upload it to a picture site or something!

old crust 09-23-2009 05:36 PM

Are you still using a mac or does betangel go better with a pc?

jonny 09-24-2009 01:12 PM

you have to use a pc. Also although it does work with vista 64 I would recomend a 32 bit operating system