Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cricket Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16188)

WankingWodger 07-11-2015 01:50 PM

Aussies doing an England this afternoon

ferocious 07-11-2015 02:04 PM

I think the IPL big bash etc have made the test format less appealing look at the w indies when they played us couple month back half their team was in India earning big bucks

Frankie 07-11-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 236226)
I think the IPL big bash etc have made the test format less appealing look at the w indies when they played us couple month back half their team was in India earning big bucks

I think it would be better to schedule Test Match cricket so that it avoids the period during which the IPL is played. Obviously players want to be in the IPL as that’s were the big bucks are. Mind you the IPL seems to drag on forever, I sometimes watch some of the early games but never retain enough interest to last until the final. It all gets very bland and repetitive.

Anyway what happened to the Aussies at Cardiff? A close game that England won by 169 runs. Jobs a good un!:rubhands:

bazzap 07-11-2015 09:44 PM

We got flogged, Frankie. Life here with Captain Jack, Mirkwood, Hammer etc will be bad for a few days. Until the Lords Test anyway.

Hope they get rid of that Queenslander Watson who gets out lbw and wastes reviews all the time.

WankingWodger 07-12-2015 09:32 AM

Starc injured, Johnson can't do it on English pitches so it needs one of the others to step up to the plate at Lords.

ferocious 07-12-2015 03:13 PM

No surprise here I seen enough against West Indies and the kiwi's earlier to know we were good enough to beat Australia it's just if we can keep it up that concerns me but if we do can only see us winning the ashes back .. Scoring runs and quickly too plus the bowlers looking good with possibly the best seamer in the world in there

I might have a trip to lords next weekend :cheers:

WankingWodger 07-12-2015 03:40 PM

Finally England seem to have learnt that nudging and blocking is obsolete now, attack is the way forward and when in front press home the advantage like they did in the second innings

Frankie 07-12-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 236234)
Starc injured, Johnson can't do it on English pitches so it needs one of the others to step up to the plate at Lords.

Sky put some stats up showing Johnson's Test wickets haul. He performs far better in Oz and South Africa with his performances in England and India being comparitively poor.

ferocious 07-12-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 236241)
Finally England seem to have learnt that nudging and blocking is obsolete now, attack is the way forward and when in front press home the advantage like they did in the second innings

For me the one day/20-20 teams have inspired the test team and the same as football it's always better to play to your strengths and express yourself I'm not getting carried away we could still get beat 4-1 in this series but the ozzies will be scratching their heads right now knowing they are staring defeat in the face already I think it's 15 of the last 17 teams to win the first test have gone on to win the series

WankingWodger 07-12-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 236242)
Sky put some stats up showing Johnson's Test wickets haul. He performs far better in Oz and South Africa with his performances in England and India being comparitively poor.

They been reading my posts on here

monsterman 07-13-2015 02:18 PM

My prediction is that the ''convicts'' will be really angry and pissed off and will put their best thinking and sledging attitudes on for this weeks test , and that ingaland , will return to form and fuck up ,

whatever happens it will be a good contest and enjoyable .

WankingWodger 07-13-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 236252)
My prediction is that the ''convicts'' will be really angry and pissed off and will put their best thinking and sledging attitudes on for this weeks test , and that ingaland , will return to form and fuck up ,

whatever happens it will be a good contest and enjoyable .

Or it will piss down with rain and be washed out

monsterman 07-14-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 236254)
Or it will piss down with rain and be washed out

Yes thats always a possibilty,,,, i hope the convicts win or this board will be in trouble, Bazzup ,Forkhandles and all the other Aussie guys will kill themselves in misery and we will need a new influx of talent . because unlike us English they are not used to faliure ,,, they cant handle it in a gentlemanly way ,, after the last game the spunrned a post match beer .... sore losers

ferocious 07-15-2015 05:10 AM

Harris now haddin !! Will they still have a squad by the 3rd test ?

WankingWodger 07-15-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 236277)
Harris now haddin !! Will they still have a squad by the 3rd test ?

Bazz on his way to Lords as I type

bazzap 07-15-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WankingWodger (Post 236278)
Bazz on his way to Lords as I type

My first ever time I went to a Test at the WACA was in 1988 against the West Indies. With my brand new WACA membership, I took a few mates with me.

One of the lads had a backpack. When questioned what were the contents, he opened it up. FFS!! He had a full set of creams. "Just in case I am needed " he says. "But I will have to borrow a baggy green". The silly prick was dead serious too. Naturally we near pissed ourselves laughing.

Even with Geoff Lawson getting his jaw broken by big Curtly, he was not required. Viv Richards got 140+, Merv Hughes got a hat trick but spread over 3 overs (work that one out) and Australia got flogged. The Windies rarely lost at the WACA with their awesome fast bowling talent in the 70's and 80's.

:cheers:

Fork Handles 07-15-2015 07:36 PM

3 overs and 3 days if I remember right.

monsterman 07-15-2015 11:01 PM

i reckon the current Oz team could be beaten by Thai ladies 2nd 11 ,

Fork Handles 07-16-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 236305)
i reckon the current Oz team could be beaten by Thai ladies 2nd 11 ,

Beaten and whipped.

For a small fee.:jumprail:

ferocious 07-16-2015 06:50 AM

I'm predicting Alastair Cook to get a knock in this test :please:

monsterman 07-16-2015 08:48 AM

I think that rain will help one team escape embarrasment and frustrate the other ,, but which team??????

ferocious 07-16-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 236311)
I'm predicting Alastair Cook to get a knock in this test :please:

If we get to the crease :MyEmoticons-com__fi

gonzo 07-16-2015 02:57 PM

If we don't start taking some wickets soon I'm moving this thread to the troll tank :flipa:

gonzo 07-16-2015 05:13 PM

Is that our worst ever day at the Ashes? Can't remember a 300+ for 1.

Fair play Aussies.

Cunts.

WankingWodger 07-16-2015 05:42 PM

Whoever prepared that pitch and let the Aussies win the toss needs shooting, all that's left now is 4 days of runs and few wickets

ferocious 07-16-2015 06:27 PM

Seen the reports on the pitch before the toss and Australia have reaped the reward for winning it.. One thing is certain England won't win this test

Fork Handles 07-16-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzo (Post 236320)
Is that our worst ever day at the Ashes? Can't remember a 300+ for 1.

Fair play Aussies.

Cunts.

1990s. Mark Taylor and Geoff Marsh I recall. 0/300 stumps day one.
The Good Old Days.:bigfinger

WankingWodger 07-16-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 236322)
Seen the reports on the pitch before the toss and Australia have reaped the reward for winning it.. One thing is certain England won't win this test

If this had been Sydney or Melbourne Clarke would have used a doubled sided coin to win the toss.

Us Englishmen have too much honour to cheat although just once this time wouldn't have hurt.

monsterman 07-16-2015 09:44 PM

England team asked for a slow wicket and the groundsmen prepared just that but they and everyone else at the ECB and lords told the team it was a bad idea ......doh!!!!! as Baldrick said ''I have a Cunning plan '' hmmmm,,,,,

Pray for rain ha ha ha ha

Fork Handles 07-17-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fork Handles (Post 236323)
1990s. Mark Taylor and Geoff Marsh I recall. 0/300 stumps day one.
The Good Old Days.:bigfinger

I waz wrong.

It was 1989, and it was 0/301.:bigfinger

Worth reading the article for the line about D I Gower.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/...-1226674883150

Frankie 07-17-2015 07:47 PM

This is an Old School Test Match. Aussies win toss, bat first, score a load of runs while England have to field for over 5 sessions. Bowlers then well up for it as they have been sat around for almost 2 days. Opening batsmen have a 10 minute turnaround to adapt from fielding to batting, concentration poor, bowlers steaming in, almost inevitable what happens next. Second days play ends with England on 85 for 4. Which is a massive improvement as they were 30 for 4.

Cook and Stokes will have to bat for most of tomorrow if England are going to get anything from this Test. 85 for 4 not totally unexpected as in the last 7 Tests England’s highest score, for the loss of 3 wickets, has been 52. So England batting slightly below par so far.

Frankie 07-18-2015 07:26 PM

End of day 3 and it’s the Aussies Test to lose. It will take either a spectacular England batting performance or divine intervention for England to get anything from this. Lythe, Ballance and Bell will have to really pull their fingers out Second Innings, no matter what the result is, otherwise questions will start to be asked about their long term involvement in the England set up.

monsterman 07-18-2015 08:08 PM

absorbing to watch , Aussies are not putting a foot wrong ,, only the weather can screw it for them ,,, main England top order batsmen need a kick up the arse ,,,,,we also need another real devious spinner ??????

KeeNeow 07-19-2015 02:58 AM

Plenty of devious spinners on Soi Bobby Moore

Frankie 07-19-2015 07:01 PM

Absolute unacceptable performance by England. The wicket was described throughout as being flat and lifeless yet England manage to get bowled out twice losing a total of 20 wickets for 415 runs. I can just about accept the bowlers struggling, given the wicket, but the batting overall was abysmal. First innings 30 for 4. Second innings all of the front line batsmen gone and its 64 for 7. Fuck me the tailenders outperformed the recognised batsmen with Broad top scoring with 25 so batting could not have been that difficult.

For the next Test I would persevere with Lythe opening, drop Ballance and tell Bell he has to weigh in heavily at Edgbaston or his England career is over. Move Root to 3 and bring Taylor into the side.

bazzap 07-19-2015 08:12 PM

Bite the bullet and bring back KP

:yay:

monsterman 07-20-2015 03:40 PM

KP ??? thats a brand of snacks ain t it ?????anyway KP aint a No1 or 2 Man he aint got the patience brilliant at 3 or 4 and he can bowl a few spinners too.

kuranda_bagman 07-22-2015 10:00 AM

Read this in the paper today - A tweet from KP:

Deep in thought right now ... Ridiculous that I'm lying on a beach when I should be prepping for the 3rd test! So silly really! Sad

bazzap 07-22-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman (Post 236410)

Deep in thought right now ... Ridiculous that I'm lying on a beach when I should be prepping for the 3rd test! So silly really! Sad

Sounds like he is working his arse off keeping fit just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets recalled to the Test side

dancing

ferocious 07-22-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman (Post 236410)

Have your press suddenly realised that cricket exists again ?:bravo: