Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cricket Rambles (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16188)

Frankie 06-28-2019 07:32 PM

Fuckin England. :hanging:

ferocious 06-29-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 246355)
Fuckin England. :hanging:

Took them 20 overs the other day to realise they were bowling the wrong length

Frankie 06-29-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 246357)
Took them 20 overs the other day to realise they were bowling the wrong length

When I was watching some of the earlier games I was unimpressed with Pakistan. Some skilled cricketers but overall as a group their unfit and the fieldings pretty mediocre. Sri Lanka same same but far worse. Losing to Pakistan was bad but to Sri Lanka was totally unacceptable.

England have gone into this World Cup playing what they like to call "No Fear" cricket. Which seems to comprise of a premeditated game plan based on smashing the ball out the ground. Which is fine when it works but is disastrous when it fails. It seems everything is preplanned and when the wheels come off theres no Plan B. Theres no adapting to playing conditions or what other teams are doing. Just smash the ball out the ground and bowl to set lengths/fields. Thing is even the weaker nations have players who can do some damage and you have to be able to restrict them, but none of that seems to be taken into account.

I think England do/did have the talent to win this World Cup, its just the way they seem to approach each game in a reckless manner. Their struggling to even qualify for the final stages now and it's all self inflicted.

ferocious 06-30-2019 05:39 PM

Well plan A worked today
Play like that 3 more times we should win it :paranoid:

bazzap 07-01-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 246364)
Well plan A worked today

Hope so coz I am on your lads at nearly 5/1. Couldn't resist when I saw that price. It's gone now.

Hopefully Australia vs Poms in the final. I win a few bob if the Empire wins and get bragging rights if us Colonials are successful

dancing

Frankie 07-01-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferocious (Post 246364)
Well plan A worked today

I never doubted their ability and backed them all the way.:shs: In a manner of speaking.

Now got the :sheep shagger: to deal with.

Frankie 07-05-2019 06:44 PM

The NZ batting in the game against England was really odd.

Guptill strangled down the leg side by a wide ball. If Nicholls had reviewed his LBW decision he would have been given Not Out. Williamson run out by Woods fingertips (shouldn't have been backing that far up anyway). Taylor didn't want to miss out on things so ran himself out going for a non existent second run.

4 wickets chucked away and the match along with it.

bazzap 07-07-2019 03:05 PM

Australia vs New Zealand in the final

dancing

ferocious 07-11-2019 05:39 PM

1 more performance and we’re champions

bazzap 07-12-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazzap (Post 246431)
Australia vs New Zealand in the final

dancing

I got it half right

:grenade: