Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Man City takeover (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=8819)

Thebomb 09-06-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 117743)
..Bilbo I am pulling your legs .

out of their sockets when u catch up with him?????

Bilbobaggins 09-06-2008 01:59 PM

no sense of humour when it comes to football teams??
I'm a City fan, says everything! :bigfinger

monsterman 09-06-2008 05:24 PM

Yeah I guess it has been hard supporting them in the Shadow of MU's success all these tears , perhaps with the piles of PetroDollars now pouring in from the Arabs it will buy success, Like Chelsea did, not a certainty so keep your sense of humour.

PS: your legs are safe .. i am just fucking with your mind.

old crust 09-06-2008 06:46 PM

It does'nt matter how much cash these Arabs have got, they won't reproduce the great City team of the late Sixties. When you see some of the millions that are spent on ordinary players, it makes you wonder what price Colin Bell would fetch in todays market.

Bilbobaggins 09-06-2008 11:48 PM

Colin Bell....... Najinsky
Career ruined by a Martin Buchan tackle at Old Trafford in a derby and we never even got a free kick
O.C......... we have a saying, better than Best.

Bilbobaggins 09-06-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monsterman (Post 117799)
Yeah I guess it has been hard supporting them in the Shadow of MU's success all these tears , perhaps with the piles of PetroDollars now pouring in from the Arabs it will buy success, Like Chelsea did, not a certainty so keep your sense of humour.

PS: your legs are safe .. i am just fucking with your mind.

Monsterman, feel free to fuck with my mind, legs, anything, you will the one crying at the end.
Wanker.:keepyup:

old crust 09-07-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins (Post 117856)
Colin Bell....... Najinsky
Career ruined by a Martin Buchan tackle at Old Trafford in a derby and we never even got a free kick
O.C......... we have a saying, better than Best.

I saw Bell and Best play live a few times and in my opinion he was a better player. Summerbee in his pomp was'nt far behind either. He was a real flyer down the wing, as quick as Valerie Bortsov (sp?). A hard man too, when asked who is the hardest player you have ever played against, Roy McFarland said Mike Summerbee without any doubt.

tom 09-07-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 117809)
It does'nt matter how much cash these Arabs have got, they won't reproduce the great City team of the late Sixties. When you see some of the millions that are spent on ordinary players, it makes you wonder what price Colin Bell would fetch in todays market.

The thing that City had in common then with the "great teams" was a top manager who could get the best out of players. That said, like Ferguson at United, it took him a couple of years to impose himself on the club. I just hope City have got the patience to allow Hughes the same opportunity and to give credit to the Arabs they can take a long-term view on things. Only time will tell.

old crust 09-07-2008 10:14 AM

Joe Mercer was a legend of a manager. Bit different in those days, his Captain on the pitch was signed from Bath City.

Bilbobaggins 09-07-2008 11:40 AM

and he was over 30 when he went to City O.C.