Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Championship 2011/12 (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=14721)

ROLAND 07-01-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 207793)
Very true, but these Asian lads really mean it and some of their targets can play abit.

Bit like shit or bust to me, West Ham splashing the cash too but not sure if the Brummies will now due to their owner being banged up.

Trouble is only 3 teams go up and it is going to be a tight old division this season, I'll be happy for a top half finish.

thailearner 07-01-2011 09:25 PM

I think we should be spending a few quid but not going mad, leave that to when we are in the premiership

old crust 07-02-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thailearner (Post 207796)
I think we should be spending a few quid but not going mad, leave that to when we are in the premiership

I think there is another plan for big spending in the Premier too. But as ROLAND rightly points out it could be shit or bust. One other positive note is the money the owners are putting into the club infrastructure. The training ground is being massively developed, this suggests to me they are in for the long term.

I think Brighton will go well and take last years good form into this year. Look at Norwich for an example of what can be done.

thailearner 07-02-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 207807)
I think there is another plan for big spending in the Premier too. But as ROLAND rightly points out it could be shit or bust. One other positive note is the money the owners are putting into the club infrastructure. The training ground is being massively developed, this suggests to me they are in for the long term.

I think Brighton will go well and take last years good form into this year. Look at Norwich for an example of what can be done.

I would agree that they are in it for the long term with them improving the clubs infastructure.

BigBadSi 07-02-2011 03:46 PM

Don't fancy Leeds to do owt this season bates has shown his ambition or lack of by getting rid of schmeichal and signing a 2ndvrate gale in rachubka also possible signing of dudek , smith , woodgate and bowyer were going backward ,smith never been the same since he broke his leg, woodgate had never been right is be happy with bowyer to come but bates 10k wage limit won't entice many here.
My prediction for Leeds 10th to 15th

Promotion , west ham , leicester and either Birmingham or southampton
Relegation , palace , peterbro, and poss bristol city

thailearner 07-02-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadSi (Post 207822)
Don't fancy Leeds to do owt this season bates has shown his ambition or lack of by getting rid of schmeichal and signing a 2ndvrate gale in rachubka also possible signing of dudek , smith , woodgate and bowyer were going backward ,smith never been the same since he broke his leg, woodgate had never been right is be happy with bowyer to come but bates 10k wage limit won't entice many here.
My prediction for Leeds 10th to 15th

Promotion , west ham , leicester and either Birmingham or southampton
Relegation , palace , peterbro, and poss bristol city

Was suprise when you got rid of your number 1 keeper

gonzo 07-02-2011 11:41 PM

Schmeichel isn't all that, don't get me wrong, he's good enough for the championship but he's really nothing special.

ROLAND 07-04-2011 03:20 PM

Mackail Smith signs for the Albion

dancing

old crust 07-04-2011 04:10 PM

Good signing for the Seagulls, I would have liked him at City, but we can't offer him the seaside.

thailearner 07-04-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLAND (Post 207933)
Mackail Smith signs for the Albion

dancing

I glad we didn't sign him he wasn't worth 3 million quid he was shit in Championship the season before last.