Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Opening Day...Baseball 2007 is underway! (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=1454)

old crust 04-03-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosehair (Post 21914)
If you give it some time...baseball will grow on you. It's the only sport where you will see spectators reading the paper, knitting, sleeping, breast feeding, changing diapers, fighting and making out while the game is in progress....but everyone stops what they are doing when sumfin actually happens that effects the game.

:bigfing

Nose', you could be describing a cricket crowd too. I think cricket takes a bit longer (up to five days) than baseball and then it can still be a draw.

On the basis of your recommendation and the fact as a kid I was a Cub Scout, I'll follow Chicago. When's the first game?

nosehair 04-03-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old crust (Post 21944)

On the basis of your recommendation and the fact as a kid I was a Cub Scout, I'll follow Chicago. When's the first game?

It was yesterday old crust...in typical Cubs Opening day fashion...they lost their first game 4-1 to the Cincinnati Reds...

As the old joke goes.....No beer will be served at Wrigley Field this year...the Cubs lost their Openerdancing

old crust 04-03-2007 05:16 PM

Not to worry Nose', supporting losing teams is nothing new to me.
I will do a bit of study on the game over the Easter weekend, so get ready for a few questions.

mack 04-03-2007 06:57 PM

Well O.C. the Cubs have 161 games left to play so they will mix some wins in there. I read where after this year the Cubs will be for sale. Bought in 1981 for I think $20 Million U.S. and the team can be yours for only $600 million. Also a baseball game is usually finished in 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours unless it's tied, and then they play extra innings to decide the winner.

old crust 04-03-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack (Post 21964)
Bought in 1981 for I think $20 Million U.S. and the team can be yours for only $600 million.

Should I pay in cash or will they accept a cheque.

mack 04-03-2007 07:20 PM

O.C. they will want cash from you....nothing personal...just business they say. :cheers:

irishmic 04-04-2007 05:12 AM

Nose, just read your post topic, was wondering if baseball fever struck you! Wish the A's the best this year, Mack I respect the Giants of Mays, McCovey,Bobby Bonds, Jim Hart, Gaylord Perry ect, I just love baseball season, next Monday is Pittsburgh pirates home opener. The Pirates are off to a great start, 2-0, even a last place team is in contention in April! BTW anyone still have their baseball card collection from their childhood, still have mine, brings back memories. For those boardies from the UK, baseball brings nostalgic events of childhood to the present.

old crust 04-04-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishmic (Post 21982)
. For those boardies from the UK, baseball brings nostalgic events of childhood to the present.

Same with sports over hear Mic. Although nostalgia is'nt what it used to be.

nosehair 04-04-2007 11:42 AM

The greatest of all Baseball announcers was Harry Caray. He started a tradition of signing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the "7th Inning Stretch" that has withstood the test of time....here is the great Harry Caray.

The guy was a genuine cool cat...met him once at O'Hare airport in Chicago and for 10 minutes he treated me like a long lost pal....a truly loved Chicago personality....RIP Harry.

nosehair 04-04-2007 12:00 PM

When Harry passed...it became an "honor" for famous people visiting Chicago to "Caray" on the tradition and lead the fans in song....It led to many funny moments...

Here is a very drunken Eddie Vedder of "Pearl Jam" fame....I always liked Eddiedancing