PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop anybody ?

penetrator
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I got a copy I been using for about 8 years now but the cd it's on seems to be buggered. Anyone got a copy ?

Thebomb
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
nope!

bouncer
11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
No but cant you downloadit from pirate bay ????

penetrator
11-13-2008, 01:08 PM
No but cant you downloadit from pirate bay ????

Do I have to get permission from Captain Blackballs first ?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s169/Cherry-Bar_photos/pirate/pirate4.jpg

tom
11-13-2008, 02:11 PM
penetrator,

Windows or Mac?

I have both but would obviously like to hold on to them. However, I will be in Panthip next week and will pick up a decent copy if you want. (Lots of the "bundled", so-called bargains at Panthip are shit and not worth the hassle).

You should be aware that if you are going to do large, multi-layered, collage type stuff then CS2 needs a lot of RAM available.

penetrator
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Windows Tom. The version I got now is photoshop 6, dont know anything about cs2. Is there anywhere in Pattaya you know that'll sell copies ? I guess tukcom would be the obvious place to look. If not then maybe I could arrange something about picking up a copy from you in Pattaya next time your there.

tom
11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Windows Tom. The version I got now is photoshop 6, dont know anything about cs2. Is there anywhere in Pattaya you know that'll sell copies ? I guess tukcom would be the obvious place to look. If not then maybe I could arrange something about picking up a copy from you in Pattaya next time your there.

penetrator,

The main difference between PS6/7, CS and CS2 is in the graphics. CS2 is designed for 32 bit graphics and many of the plug-ins available such as Mask Pro and Photo Tools will only support 32 bit applications so your graphics card will have to support 32 bit. There are a couple of other handy things like font previews in the font drop-down menu and the such like.

The guy to ask in Pattaya for a decent source of good quality copies is Pattaya Pete. I used to use a little place in the back alleys of the plaza hidden behind the shops at the junction of South Pattaya Rd and Second Rd but I'm not at all sure if it is still there, or not.

Let me know how you get on and if necessary I'll pick up a copy next week and get it down to you in Pattaya.

penetrator
11-16-2008, 12:53 PM
If you wouldn't mind getting us a copy Tom and I'll meet up with you if your gonna be in town in the not too distant future.

Cheers.

yusamile
11-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Why dont you just d'load a copy off of a torrent site ?

penetrator
11-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Why dont you just d'load a copy off of a torrent site ?

Sounds like hard graft and I'm a lazy cunt.

tom
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
If you wouldn't mind getting us a copy Tom and I'll meet up with you if your gonna be in town in the not too distant future.

Cheers.

penetrator,

I got your copy. Let me know an address, either in LOS or UK, and I'll stick it in the post.

Alternatively, if you have a contact in BKK at the moment I can drop it off.

Or any other suggestions.

gonzo
11-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I got your copy. Let me know an address, either in LOS or UK, and I'll stick it in the post.Slightly off topic but Tom, any idea how long standard post takes from Thailand to the UK roughly? I'm expecting some mail, just a bog standard non-airmailed letter and don't know how long to leave it before hassling people.

bouncer
11-18-2008, 12:53 AM
the bags of china white takes a week or 3 gonzo........................

yusamile
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM
the bags of china white takes a week or 3 gonzo........................

Oh thats cruel Bouncer . Heres a pic of Gonzo collecting his mail from the post offit....:2guns:........:mafia:

tom
11-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Slightly off topic but Tom, any idea how long standard post takes from Thailand to the UK roughly? I'm expecting some mail, just a bog standard non-airmailed letter and don't know how long to leave it before hassling people.

gonzo,

You're looking at around 4 weeks plus for surface mail ........ assuming the ship ain't hijacked en-route.