PDA

View Full Version : First time in Pattaya

antonk
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi just come across this site and have found some great info for the LOS:dance-jiggy:. I'm off to Pattaya in October for 10 days and I was working out my daily cash spend for the time i'll be there.

How much money would I need for 10 days to have a fun time ??

I've also booked 10 days at Passenda Lodge which I have found through this site.. thanks

roamer
09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi

I guess you mean Pasadena Lodge on LK metro.
Must have missed it being mentioned on this site,
how did you find it?
What type of room have you booked? as the standard ones are very small.

Always difficult to answer spending money questions but for a 1st trip(?) allow yourself between 7-10K baht a day, and make sure you`ve got access
to back-up money.
Doubt you`ll need more but better safe than sorry.
Better to bring back surplus funds than run short.

antonk
09-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks Roamer

I'm sure I found the hotel on this site, here is the link http://www.hotelpasadenalodge.com/ I staying in the superior room and got it for the price of the standard. The lady who runs it (Ann) is very nice and offered this deal if i booked up with her.

I'm gonna take about 70000 baht and a card as back up just incase, the baht isn't that great at the moment but i hope it will improve over the next 2 weeks.

I've also been told it's very quiet compared to other years in Pattaya is that right??

Thanks
in advance

roamer
09-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi antonk

Superior room for the price of standard
seems OK, 700 baht a night yes?

Think your spending money will be fine,
especially with card as back-up.
I`ve not been in Pattaya since May but yes according to reports it seems quiet there,would suit me fine.

Enjoy your trip,be nice to hear what you think
of Pasadena Lodge and your view of Pattaya.

Welcome to the board.

old crust
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the board Anton.

If you are from the UK, get yourself a Nationwide Flex account card. Works everywhere in Pattaya, no charges and easy to control via internet banking.

Enjoy your stay in Pattaya and on this board. Any questions just ask, someone here usually has the answer.

yusamile
09-22-2008, 01:20 AM
:welcome: Anton, , of course if you dont get :sloshed: or :hump: or :MyEmoticons-com__sm or then you will get by on a lot less,.....like myself, i only go for the :pizza: and the :cycle: .

mack
09-22-2008, 01:24 AM
:welcome: Anton, , of course if you dont get :sloshed: or :hump: or :MyEmoticons-com__sm or then you will get by on a lot less,.....like myself, i only go for the :pizza: and the :cycle: .
...and the :surfing: yusamile :ylflower:.

:cheers:

yusamile
09-22-2008, 01:37 AM
...and the :surfing: yusamile :ylflower:.

:cheers:

Absolutely correct Mack.:thumbs_up:

BigBadSi
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Antock as this is your first time im going to ask you....

....are you sure ????

It can change your whole mindset going to Pattaya,you WILL be working just to fund your newly found, soon to be habit.

En joy fun city 70K plus a card on hand seems more than enough oh and...........dont fall in love dancing

Bilbobaggins
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Antock as this is your first time im going to ask you....

....are you sure ????

It can change your whole mindset going to Pattaya,you WILL be working just to fund your newly found, soon to be habit.

En joy fun city 70K plus a card on hand seems more than enough oh and...........dont fall in love dancing

exactly what I would say except the first bit!!:cunt:

How can you possibly try and put off a bloke from having the best time of his life?! :outcold::arms::hammertime:

soi 2
09-22-2008, 10:23 PM
If you are from the UK, get yourself a Nationwide Flex account card. Works everywhere in Pattaya, no charges and easy to control via internet banking.

I opened a Nationwide Flex a/c for my Thailand holidays and it's been excellent. Never had a problem. I was reading on another board that Siam Commercial Bank (yellow logo I think) have started adding a 20 baht withdrawal charge on to the Nationwide transactions. I know it's a very small amount but thought I would mention it in passing.

antonk, I reckon you'll be happy staying down soi lk metro. Loads of nice restaurants in the surrounding area and a fairly central location in Pattaya.

kuranda_bagman
09-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Anton - I'll be just down the road from you at the Metro Apartments for the whole of October if you want to catch up for a drink - just ask for John from Australia

mack
09-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Anton - I'll be just down the road from you at the Metro Apartments for the whole of October if you want to catch up for a drink - just ask for John from Australia

If you find a great TG that you really like Anton, bring her to the Metro with you. The :bag:man would like to meet her also. :sweat:

bouncer
09-23-2008, 02:21 AM

Always looking for more wictims to bagman......................

Now he starts on the newbees........... we old guys leart the lesson the hard way.......................................

Anton do NOT bring any girlfriends or no girl at all he will steal here from you in seconds.:hyper2:

Thebomb
09-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Anton do NOT bring any girlfriends or no girl at all he will steal here from you in seconds.:hyper2:

scary but oh so true dancing

thailearner
09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
If you are taking baht with you the best bet is to change your money in Thailand even the airport offers better rates than back at home

Thebomb
09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
If you are taking baht with you the best bet is to change your money in Thailand even the airport offers better rates than back at home

in my experience the airport offers a better rate than most places in thailand, but they wont change cheques........only cash......so take a bit of cash with u to change at the airport then cheques for the rest of your stay as u get a better rate for cheques an there safer........