PDA

View Full Version : Severe flooding

yusamile
09-20-2008, 05:14 AM
News via Thai Visa ...sever flooding in the north. :whiteflag: Just as i was looking on the internet for hotels and sightseeing around Ayuttahya , i get this alert. Still its 6 weeks away yet. :kickcan: However with 2.7 million farm animals affected, looks like were going to be busy wading through thousands of requests for Emergency Buffalo Relief . :stretcher: Applications will only be granted to applicants with photo floating buffalo. Buffalo no do backstoke,... tilac no get money.

Floods hit 36 provinces so far

Floods have caused damaged worth Bt686 million in 36 provinces, caretaker Agriculture Minister Somsak Prissanananthakul said Friday.

He said floods affected 13 northern provinces, 12 northeastern provinces, 4 central provinces, 6 eastern provinces and a southern province.

A total of 724,931 rai of farm land were inundated and a 2.7 million of farm animals were affected.

-- The Nation 2008-09-20

PM inspects flood damage in Ayutthaya

AYUTTHAYA: -- Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat planned to visit Ayutthaya province on Saturday to inspect serious flooding in the province, just above Bangkok.

The overall flood situation in many areas of Ayutthaya, including the four districts of Maha Rat, Pak Hai, Bang Ban and Bang Sai, is still in a critical level. More than 5,000 households have been inundated, and villagers could not use tap water. The provincial authority, however, is delivering more tap water.

On Saturday afternoon, Mr Somchai will inspect the flooding conditions around Siriyalai Palace and Pai Wattanaram Temple, as both sites are situated along the riverbanks of Chao

Fork Handles
09-20-2008, 05:46 AM
I thought this was gonna be another thread about Winnie's barfroom.:twirl::twirl: