PDA

View Full Version : Greedy fat bastard

bigal
09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants a staggering £481million for the club, according to reports.

The Sports Direct mogul is believed to currently be in Dubai to try and sell the club after falling foul of the Toon Army following Kevin Keegan's departure from St James's Park.

ArabianBusiness.com claims talks have opened between Ashley and the Dubai-based group Zabeel Investments.

Sale documents have been given to Zabeel by Ashley containing a price of 860 million US dollars (£481million) for the club he bought for £130million 16 months ago, and then ploughed another £100million into.

Zabeel Investments is owned by Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum and was part of the consortium that tried to buy Liverpool in 2006.

However, Zabeel Investments chairman Mohammed Ali Al Hashimi has insisted he has not been directly approached.
Not interested

He told Arabian Business: "We have not had any contact. I am not interested in any [English Premier League club] right now."

City sources still remain dubious whether a deal can be done with Middle East investors at anything like the level that Ashley wants.

One source said: "In reality Newcastle have been up for sale for the last six months. If there had been interest from Dubai or Abu Dhabi it would already have surfaced.

"What makes it even more difficult is that Newcastle do not appear as a very saleable asset at the moment - the club has no manager, the fans are protesting and the team are struggling."

Meanwhile, despite reports to the contrary, Ashley has yet to make contact with Keith Harris, the former Football League chairman who helped broker the takeovers of Manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra and West Ham by their Icelandic consortium.:keepyup:

penetrator
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
It's just been confirmed that Newcasle have been bought in a joint deal between the 'Nigerian Investment Group' and the 'Nigerian Oil Group'. Their shirts will now read N.I.G.N.O.G

Capt Magoo
10-02-2008, 01:50 PM
It's just been confirmed that Newcasle have been bought in a joint deal between the 'Nigerian Investment Group' and the 'Nigerian Oil Group'. Their shirts will now read N.I.G.N.O.G

And if this consortium declines the deal, will they re-nig?

mack
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
And if this consortium declines the deal, will they re-nig?

__________________________________________________ __________:redcard:

Capt Magoo
10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
__________________________________________________ __________:redcard:

Mack :bigfinger

I would like to dispute that red card! I made an honest mistake(I swear, see below) and if the mods had the damn speel chicker workeng, well........ lets just say we would all understand Bouncer a little better.

Not to change the subject but, when are we going to get a Fuck Off Mack smiley???

re·nege
Pronunciation re-nig,
–verb (used without object)

1. Cards. to play a card that is not of the suit led when one can follow suit; break a rule of play.

2. to go back on one's word: He has reneged on his promise.

3. Archaic. to deny; disown; renounce.

Cheers,

Magoo

mack
10-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I would like to dispute that red card! I made an honest mistake(I swear, see below) and if the mods had the damn speel chicker workeng, well........ lets just say we would all understand Bouncer a little better.

Not to change the subject but, when are we going to get a Fuck Off Mack smiley???

_________________________________________ :redcard:__ :redcard:

Frankie
10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
This rumour about the Nigerian interest always makes me wonder if the club has received an e-mail stating something like:

"We want to buy your football club for £4,000,000 please let us have your bank account details so we can pay the money in direct".

Had some similar ones myself...............

monsterman
10-05-2008, 03:50 AM
I hope Ashley and his evil sidekick Dennis the menace Wise , lose millions on the deal, and die from some horrible illness soon the pair are nasty cunts , they recently fucked one of my best mate over bigtime .

old crust
10-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I hope Ashley and his evil sidekick Dennis the menace Wise , lose millions on the deal, and die from some horrible illness soon the pair are nasty cunts , they recently fucked one of my best mate over bigtime .

Who is your mate, Kevin Keegan?