PDA

View Full Version : Safari browser

butterflyblonde
09-01-2008, 07:21 AM
I've had my latest P.C since the start of the year and completely ignored an icon on my desktop until recently.

Called 'Safari', it turned out to to be a web browser by Apple.

I have to say it's pretty good, has all the usual features and very handy links for yahoo, google, youtube, wikipedia and so on. It's also smart looking in silver colour.
I noticed immediately that the speed of browsing is faster than using Internet Explorer 7, so if anyone fancies giving it a try, you can use it for Windows operating systems as well as Mac nowadays.

http://www.apple.com/safari/

jonny
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Its the main browser on macs BB. It is very good. Supposedly its faster than IE and FF

butterflyblonde
09-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Its the main browser on macs BB. It is very good. Supposedly its faster than IE and FF

It must be, the difference in speed between IE7 and Safari to browse this board is quite noticeable. It was crawling at times before.

jonny
09-02-2008, 09:22 AM
well it should be fast! We have plenty of processing power and ram so the board shouldn't be slow?

gonzo
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
well it should be fast! We have plenty of processing power and ram so the board shouldn't be slow?Loads of problems lately browsing the board, shoutbox in particular. Reasonably fast connection for thailand here too but often these days I'm having to close and restart the browser just to check new posts etc.

Back to the original post, BB, is that rrunning on Vista as I've heard other reports saying it's a bit of a resource hog and runs quite slowly. If it's vista you're running it on and it's working quicker than IE I'll def give it a go.

butterflyblonde
09-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Loads of problems lately browsing the board, shoutbox in particular. Reasonably fast connection for thailand here too but often these days I'm having to close and restart the browser just to check new posts etc.

Back to the original post, BB, is that rrunning on Vista as I've heard other reports saying it's a bit of a resource hog and runs quite slowly. If it's vista you're running it on and it's working quicker than IE I'll def give it a go.

Yes, I'm using Vista Home Premium, the browser was already installed with the machine.
I was having a few problems with Hotmail as well before, kept getting a message telling me the password was incorrect 1st time and only works the 2nd time I enter it, not sure if Ie7 might have been bugged in some way but I ain't getting that problem with Safari, hotmail was also working slower with Ie7 than now too.

Generally speaking, everything seems better apart from 1 social networking site called Tagged.

gonzo
09-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Cool, I'll download it in a bit and give it a go :cheers:

mack
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I was having a few problems with Hotmail as well before,

BB have you tried Yahoo or Gmail for your emails? I've used yahoo for a long time and it works fine. Also people say good things about Google's Gmail where I have a back-up email account but haven't used it much yet. :cheers:

gonzo
09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
BB have you tried Yahoo or Gmail for your emails? I've used yahoo for a long time and it works fine. Also people say good things about Google's Gmail where I have a back-up email account but haven't used it much yet. :cheers:Gmail rocks, best online mail service I've come across. Yahoo is very slow in comparison and hotmail/msn is just annoying as hell.

butterflyblonde
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I have many yahoo and hotmail accounts and would agree with comments made.

I know about Gmail and never tried it, but will now after hearing what you had to say about it. :cheers: