PDA

View Full Version : Cheating pakis at it again

penetrator
08-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Asif faces ban after test result

Pakistan's Mohammad Asif may face a two year ban after his 'B' sample tested positive for the steroid nandrolone.

The 25-year-old bowler has already been suspended by the Pakistan Cricket Board after initially testing positive during the Indian Premier League season.

Asif's lawyer Shahid Karim said: "We have just completed the test on his B sample and it has come back positive.

"But I can tell you that the quantity of nandrolone found has varied, which we can contest."

The confirmation that Asif has tested positive for a banned substance is the latest in a series of controversial incidents in which the player has been involved.

In 2006, both he and fellow Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar were found to have taken nandrolone after failing internal PCB drug tests.

The pair were banned for one and two years respectively, before the ruling was overturned on appeal.

In 2007 Asif was involved in a dressing-room altercation, during which he was struck with a bat by Shoaib, who was later sent home from the World Twenty20 tournament.

In June Asif, who played for the Delhi Daredevils during the lucrative Twenty20 tournament, was detained at Dubai airport on suspicion of carrying illegal drugs.

He was held in Dubai for two weeks before returning to Pakistan after a decision was made not to press charges.

"I am shocked and surprised because I was extra cautious and never used any banned substances," said Asif at the time.

The PCB had already dropped the paceman from the list of probables for the Champions Trophy and he now faces a ban from future IPL seasons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7505454.stm

tom
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
You can add in all those cheating Greek bastards as well. :benchpress:

I won't raise the question as to what all those Jamaicans are having for breakfast these days though. :burgerman: