PDA

View Full Version : Good Movies

butterflyblonde
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I was listening to 'Say' by John Mayer earlier and decided to download the torrent file for the movie 'The Bucket List'.

I haven't watched a good move in ages so hoping this will be match the write up I read.
Can anyone recommend any other recent movies that are better than the usual tripe?

And what do I mean by tripe? Any movie like 'About a boy' is absolute bollocks. dancing

Anyone seen Batman 6 yet b.t.w?

butterflyblonde
08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
zulu seen it over 20 timesdancing

Me too dancing

Looks like I'll have to download all the classics then if nobody else has suggestions.

gonzo
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
'In Bruges' is worth a look, downloaded it a couple of weeks back. Black comedy about a couple of hitmen hiding out in Belgium after a botched job.

Saw 'American Gangster' for the first time the other day and that was pretty good, as was 'No Country for Old Men' which I also only just got round to watching. If you can get hold of the new Will Ferrell movie 'Step Brothers' that's not bad either.

Fork Handles
08-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Kind Hearts And Coronets.:sofahide:

Capt Magoo
08-15-2008, 07:46 AM
The Bucket List is a good one! Another couple current favorites ripped from the torrent sites are

Street Kings w/ Keaneau Reeves

Michael Clayton w/ George Clooney

Saw Batman in the cinema here, was not really my type of movie but the Thai bird loved it.

All the best,

Magoo

butterflyblonde
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Just found this...watch movies online for free - full versions and they reckon it's perfectly legal.

I'm just watching 'Felon' which looks pretty good.

http://www.watch-movies.net/

tommiecoughlin
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Saw Batman in the cinema here, was not really my type of movie but the Thai bird loved it.

I knew eye couldn't be the only guy who didn't dig that movie.

bb......with the current state of affairs in Hollywood...with everything being targeted for the teenage viewer....batman, the mummy....all the super hero nonsense.....you might want to revisit some of the classics if'n you haven't viewed them.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre....ex-pat goes ting tong in Mexico...

Double Indemnity....Fred McMurray, Edward G. Robinson and Barbara Stanwyck....insurance scam leads to murder.

Only promising new movie on the horizon IMHO opens on September 8th here....Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino star as cops in a NYC murder mystery.
:cheers:

mack
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Tommie, I saw Salton Sea the other day and enjoyed it. :thumbsup: It was a quirky film that kept twisting and turning and wasn't predictable at all. It had the feel at times of an old pulp crime novel.

tommiecoughlin
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
:cheers: mack....No one is making the good old fashioned who done it N E more....mustn't be N E :rich: in it:detective:....I like Westerns:cowboy: too, but they ain't making 'em either:bigfinger:

bazzap
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I like me westerns too Tommie

Watched "The Man from Laramie" today. Jimmy Stewart is always good. Enjoyable movie but the end was rather disappointing.

BTW, you may call me dumb but I don't believe in downloading movies. To me it is wrong to do that. :boxing: I buy only original dvds. They are cheap enough to do so. "The Man from Laramie" cost me $8.95 from my local Woolworths store

:cheers:

tommiecoughlin
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
:cheers: bazzap.

bb....one last suggestion.....an off-beat movie that'z kind of obscure...."Joy Ride":moped:...from about 5 years or so ago....a low budget sleeper that got some very good reviews....a mix of comedy and edge of yer seat terror:MyEmoticons-com__gi....xjQTopC6Z4M

butterflyblonde
08-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Just finished watching Felon, pretty scary stuff.

yusamile
08-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Tommie, I saw Salton Sea the other day and enjoyed it. :thumbsup: It was a quirky film that kept twisting and turning and wasn't predictable at all. It had the feel at times of an old pulp crime novel.

I saw that years ago Mack, has Val Kilmer in it. I thought it was a classic movie, never heard of it before , just picked it off the shelf and loved the bejeesus out of it.:MyEmoticons-com__co

butterflyblonde
08-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Watched 'Taken' today on the watch-movies.net site.
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/taken_2008/

Pretty good I thought, about a guy who's daughter goes off to Paris to follow the band U2 on tour and gets kidnapped by an albanian gang that traffic women for prostitution.

7sGGRS_UaPY

Quite liked this too. dancing
http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/hancock/
rZQQgvhn4jg

mack
08-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I saw that years ago Mack, has Val Kilmer in it. I thought it was a classic movie, never heard of it before , just picked it off the shelf and loved the bejeesus out of it.:MyEmoticons-com__co

Young TommieCoughlin had recommended that film as a little sleeper Yusamile :ylflower: so I checked it out and enjoyed it too. :thumbsup:

Your memory is still in good shape Yusamile :ylflower: which is a minor miracle after all the alcohol and drugs you did as a youth :oops: err... yes, Val Kilmer was in the movie plus Vincent D'Onofrio.

'Salton Sea' trailer (2min.)>>

nKi70hCRBKA

Have the waves been high enough over in Pookit for you to catch some, Khun HangingSip? :surfing:

(2 min. 27 seconds... a surfer catches a 64 foot wave)
IsHzU0ynRZk

pierro1927
08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Hello

Very good movie/ great music too.
Here a few others I like and maybe other mb like them too:
Great expectations (david lean)
Lawrence of arabia
third man
wages of fear
spartacus
moby dick (gregory peck as the obsessed ahab)
Richard III( olivier)
Samurai I,II and III ( japanese early 60's)
The killers (Don Siegel)
Wild bunch (except the end too much)
Butch Cassidy and sundance kid ( newman and redford)
the hustler (paul newman)
Patton ( george C scott)
Barry Lyndon ( music great)
Paths of glory

And to finish for any James Stewart fan
Vertigo
Naked spur
flight of the phoenix
my friend harvey
man who shot liberty valence
Just a few

Fork Handles
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Next time you go see it you should take your cricket captain with you.:scotty:

gonzo
08-22-2008, 09:38 PM
my friend harvey
Harvey is one of my all time favourite films. Absolutely superb, one of the best soliloquys in movie history IMO too.

Suprised you missed It's a Wonderful Life off your James Stewart list though? :huh:

pierro1927
08-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Hello Gonzo

Yes I forgot that one. But he made so many movies.
Also very nice were
Winchester 73
Anatomy of a murder
Shenendoah
The shootist ( small part/ rest by Wayne)

Harvey is one of my all time favorites too. Another one that comes in mind is sons of desert with Laurel and hardy.

Harvey is one of my all time favourite films. Absolutely superb, one of the best soliloquys in movie history IMO too.

Suprised you missed It's a Wonderful Life off your James Stewart list though? :huh: