PDA

View Full Version : Electrical voltage convertor

soi 2
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Quick question... where is the best place to buy an electrical voltage convertor ? I have an American camera with me and need to recharge the battery. Don't think I can just plug it into the wall.

Any suggestions appreciated.

woodman2
05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I`m not sure you would need 1. I had a Canon Ixus from the time before they had numbers which I bought in TJ in Mexico (so for the US market). I have happily charged it on 230v mains in the UK and LOS with no problem.

All I have to do is use 2 adaptor plugs. 2 flat pronged US --> 3 prong UK --> 2 angled prong Thai.

Fork Handles
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I bought one from a shop in second rd a few years back.....opposite the big gold shop near soi post office. I 'm not sure if its still there, but there's a similar shop on third rd near the corner of soi lengkee.
Sells homewares, hardware, that sort of stuff.

soi 2
05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Cheers for the replies, I'm in soi buakhaow just now so will have a wander along to the corner of soi lengkee and third road and see what they've got in there.

soi 2
05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
The shop at the corner of soi lengkee and 3rd Road is shut today. Having a read and apparently most battery chargers are dual voltage - checked this one and it appears the same. So it is a plug adaptor I need. Get one tomollow.