PDA

View Full Version : hello

cdawg
03-30-2008, 04:50 AM
if I get into bangkok at 1 a.m. and want to head to pattaya,what are my chances of getting a ride there and also getting a room for the night:sportbike::mental:

nosehair
03-30-2008, 04:55 AM
You'd be able to get a ride no problem...but yer chances of arriving there alive would be at best... 50/50.

Fork Handles
03-30-2008, 04:58 AM
no problem getting a taxi....but i'd recommend having one pre arranged. Bkk taxi drivers won't be able to find your Pattaya hotel.

Have your room prebooked, and be careful they understand what time you arrive. Places like the Lek, the Areca, Sandy Springs, Eastinny, Sunshine, RG all have 24 hour reception.
Wont be much open then to entertain you, I'd think about staying somewhere on Suk and heading down next afternoon. Of course, the nightlife in BKK will be pretty much closed as well.

old crust
03-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I would pre book a taxi too.

bouncer
03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Pree book is better, and why not book a night at a hotel on internet then choose when you had some sleep.

Fork Handles
03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Two Xmas's ago, the hotel fucked up my booking because of the midnight/change date scenario. The night porter didn't know to expect me and wouldn't/couldn't give me a room.
All the usual places with 24 hour reception were full, it being high season, but I got a room for the night at a short time hotel next to Tims in Second Rd. Less than basic, but clean, 400 baht, and no questions asked when I took two different birds there over the next couple of hours. :dance: